Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crabs Again WTF?

Options
  • 07-03-2006 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So i got crabs there a month ago.. i got the special cream and got rid of them... 3 weeks later, and i have them again.. but i didnt have any partner since. How the hell does that happen? i washed all the bed clothes but at the weekend i noticed a few specks at the end of the bed. I thought to myself, hardly. There only suppose to survive like a day or two without the human body... Must have been crabs cos i got them again...
    What the hell???
    3 weeks later!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

they are hard little bliters to get rid of, you obviously missed a few the first time, you cannot miss a hair on your body and you cannot clean up enough after them - do a monica on it

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yeah but i didnt have an itch in like 4 weeks.. how the hell do they just come back like that? i thought they are not suppose to live without blood for 24 hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Yup, and don't just wash all your clothes, towels & bedsheets at the usual setting - boil wash them.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

yeah but i didnt have an itch in like 4 weeks.. how the hell do they just come back like that?...

I believe that's normal, when you first catch them you don't feel it right away, it takes a few weeks for them to grow large enough for you to feel them.
    I'm guessing you missed a few eggs, it took them a while to hatch and grow, hence the quiet period....
    I'm no doctor though.. perhaps you should go back to yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

The eggs take 18 days to hatch. So if there were eggs that you didn't get rid of first time, you mightn't have started itching until the eggs hatched after 18 days....

• Advertisement

What's a 'monica' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Monica Geller, the character from friends, who was anal about house cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Yeah you gotta get em all & the eggs. The eggs are the trick. Most tratments will have instructions remember to read & follow. Some treatments you have to rub in and leave in for an extended period of time (like 12-18hours) so it can soak into and kill all the eggs.

Remeber they may be resident in more than one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

dudara wrote:
    Monica Geller, the character from friends, who was anal about house cleaning

LMAO.....I thought u meant monica lewinsky....get the hoover out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

im worried about the collective knowledge of these things on boards!

make sure you dont give them to anyone else (by lending clothes etc).
    Boil wash indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

What's less well known is that the little buggers can spread simply by letting your towel touch someone else's in the gym. That happened me years back - and I hadn't been with anyone in months. Since then I've always used the towel hook, and never left clothes next to anyone else's, when in the gym or swimming pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

They can also be transfered through bed sheets.... eg. hostels.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

filthy feckers

Well its been Monday since i put on the cream. I still got an itch but i dont think its as bad as it was.. Could some of ye guys that had crabs explain to me the healing phase.. how long did it take for the itch to go? Just checking myself an hour ago i found like a brownish crab shaped flake in my pubic area. Just one.. Could that be a dead one coming back out through the skin or? Apart from that i was all clean.

I read that it can take like 4 weeks for the itch to go?
    ANy info is appreciated thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Makes you not want to have sex.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

You can say taht again.

Must seriously suck. :/

How could ye knowingly give that to someone else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

god im sorry but unlucky!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭redmagic

does shaving help? did you shave? I'd be so parinoid I'd probably shave every hair off my body :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭redmagic

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    LMAO.....I thought u meant monica lewinsky....get the hoover out :p

jeez, you guys know about monica lewinsky in Ireland! that's who i thought they were talking about too!
    off topic but, stopped at Duiske Abbey couple years ago---nice town you live in:)

• Advertisement

god this is driving me insain.
    Just cannot get rid of the f*****g c***s..
    Its killing me..

Brought all my clothes to the laundrette.
    get them to wash the on a hot wash..
    i come home and then realise there is still some of the bed sheets.
    so i wash the bed sheets in boling water..
    leave them handing to dry and the next day i realise there is still a **** load of them on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You may need to look at steaming your mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Go to a pharmacist for gods sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Move house!
    Christ that must be AWFUL!
    Getting chills just reading this!
    Would getting your house sprayed for 'bugs' help at all?
    Nightmares tonight.

Advertisement