Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest sickener...

Options
  • 06-03-2006 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

I was playing a bit of a friendly match, with my dad and an uncle for 2 euros on front/back/allover.. Now it was fairly competitive as you can imagine, and i stood up on the 12th hole, hit a great wedge into 4 feet on a par 3.. turned around, and said 'get inside that one'... my dad hits an 8 iron, it bounces about 10 times rolls across the green, hits the flag and into the hole... i missed the putt!!! sickened was not the word!!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have two major ones.

Bout 2-3 years ago was playing in the Captains Prize, we were sent out in two balls after qualifiying. Myself and my playing parnter were last out, and it turned out where leading the field by substantial shots. It came to the 18th and we were all square. We both hit nice drives down the middle, but both sliced long irons into the green side bunker.

My playing aprtner went first and got his out but to about 15-20 feet. I knew this was my chance in a game wher eid really had very few opennings. I opted for a kinda flopping high shot. I exectued the shot just right, to hear a massive clunk. There was a rock or like a piece of weood buried inthe sand beneath my balls, totally covered to hte naked eye. I finished with a bogey after getting up and down and lost by one shot.

Another sicknener was when i shot a 75, 3+ round, my best round to date. I was testing my mates driver and hit 1 fairway all day but only missed one green, my irons were immaculate. I was 9 up on the vpar, and the compeition was a good one with a lovely callaway ion stand bag for first prize. I come in to nothing but congratulations, everyone patting me o nthe back. The nearest score in was 4 up from some bloke.

I decided to leave the club to head home, and got a phone call the next morning telling me " congratulations daniel on your fine score (me thinking of got the bag) unfortunatly you were just pipped, 11 up was the winning score"
    Me " feck sake, really wanted that bag, so who won anyway"
    Secretary " a joe soap (cant remember name)"
    me " never heard of him whats he play off"
    secretary " a hes a 28 handicapper"

I was playing of 13 at the time, how sic kis that =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 o_O

lmao very!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

playing in the mercedes foursomes last year on a par 5 hit a dreadful snap hook, lost the ball in the trees, after nearly 5 mins we were going back to hit from tee and found our ball in a horrible lie against a tree, we considered dropping it back for a shot but we still couldn't see the fairway and didn't want to take a drop +2 more to hit the fairway, took two shots to get onto the fairway approx 160 from the tee box, if we hadn't found the ball we could have been approx 280 off the tee for 3 instead we eventually got up and down for 8 on a par 5 sickener was we lost to a 7 we could have carded at least seven if we hadn't found the ball and all this after missing a 4inch putt to halve the last hole, i had thought we had already lost and approached it very haphazzard, only one hand on the putter and swiped at it catching the underside of the putter and basically jamming the ball under it, it barely moved. i think it was the mental kicking i was giving myself after realising that it was for a half that caused my snap hook on the next into the trees

Advertisement