Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE TV Short?

Options
  • 06-03-2006 7:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

during the eighties rte used to throw on a short movie whenever they needed to fill a gap between programmes..
    it was an animated short about this character who woke up and left his house..got in a rocket and travelled thru space and ended up at the pearly gates to swelling music!..psychadelic stuff and the music sounded like a cross between vangelis and JM Jarre..
    its been bugging me for years and no one seems to remember it..any one else recall this short?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

rubberneck; if it's the one I remember, the guy was blue? and had either big goggles on or maybe a helmet? it was a long enough film too maybe 10 mins and he'd swim in a kaleidoscope of mad colours...hope this is what you're remembering! I remember the music was cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rubberneck

Yep...i'm glad to hear i'm not completely imagining it! don't ask me why i remember it..i must have 8 yrs old at the time but it left an impression on me..i have never seen it since and there is no possible way to track it down surely.. rte archives maybe?

btw.. do you remember the Blood Hound Gang:

"whenever theres trouble, we're there on the double:
    we're the bloodhound gang"

i think it was on '3-2-1 contact!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

no..sorry the blood hound gang passed me by I think :confused: do you remember a cartoon called "pandemonium" in which 3 pandas could magically join together into one giant panda?........kinda like an animated transformers!..I loved that cartoon :)

Advertisement