Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Screen

Options
  • 05-03-2006 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭

The screen on my laptop [gericom] stays black when I turn it on and I cant see anything. Having searched through google on the issue I Cant really find any fixes for this so I assume ill have to send it back to be fixed or bring it to a comp shop, but Its out of warranty now

Anybody experienced this [even on a different brand] or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Have you tried a Google on it? ..... it's certainly not an uncommon problem and first approach seems to be to get an external monitor hooked in to see that the rest of the m/c is working ok b/4 moving further ....

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=black+screen+on+laptop&meta=

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

most likely cause is the backlight going - simple fix if you are adventurous. There is a laptop repair shop near phibsboro I think. I'm guessing that they do well out of doing this work that most of us wouldn't undertake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

more than likely your gonna have to go with a new screen, will make your wallet a good few hundred euro lighter.

Advertisement