Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hardware Firewall

Options
  • 04-03-2006 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭

Ok what in yer eyes is the best Hardware Firewall

Which do you like best 9 votes

Sonicwall
    0% 0 votes
    Checkpoint
    33% 3 votes
    Cisco
    22% 2 votes
    Checkpoint
    44% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Checkpoint is so good you have to have it up there twice eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

The one that does what you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i thought different firewalls would have different purposes and functions

i recently got a cheap netscreen/juniper firewall (thanks ebay :))and it seems pretty good,aparently the cheaper ones have exactly the same technology as the very high end ones, just less throughput and slower, less connections

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

gline wrote:

Exactly, so the one that does the job you require it to is the best one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

gline wrote:

i recently got a cheap netscreen/juniper firewall (thanks ebay :))and it seems pretty good,aparently the cheaper ones have exactly the same technology as the very high end ones, just less throughput and slower, less connections

turns out i cant get this working :( dont know wethr it is me not being able to set it up or it is not working, damn

• Advertisement
Advertisement