Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Premier tracks.

Options
  • 02-03-2006 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

So I'm getting more and more into Premo right now,and I was wondering if the more experienced dudes on this forum could point me towards the very best beats of Premo,not the rarest or the hard to finds,but the very best beats he has produced.And I don't want rapidshare links,album and songs names please.

Like 6th Sense/Nas Is Like/Dirty Game terrority.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

GangStarr - The Militia.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Good thread. He's definitely one of the best ever.

Some that come to mind:

Gangstarr - Mass Appeal
    Nas - Nas Is Like
    Nas - Represent
    Biggie - Kick In The Door
    Royce Tha 5'9" - Boom

Here's a list of his productions:
    http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?t=50225&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

any track that premo done for biggy is pure class, he always came with the heat for nas too. but my top premo beat wud have to be full clip. i just love the energy that the string's bring to it. just the way he just chops sample's up to make his own sounds, dj premier has to be one of the greatest hip hop producer's ever.

he done a couple of remix's for janet jackson which r cool to, like all for u and together again.

what was that track he done for mos def "mathamatic's" r something like that, yet another gem, and to think, if guru never moved to new york we might have never heard of premier of even gangstarr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

what you need is gangstarr - hard to earn, daily operation and step in the arena. they all sell for like 7/8 euro anyway but they are the best he's done. all classics. the two tracks he did on illmatic, ny state of mind and memory lane, stuff he did with jeru (sun rises in the east lp etc) m.o.p.s firing squad lp (one of my top tens :) )...

lets see, ras kass - goldyn child, royce - hip hop, krs - mcs act like they dont know, outta here, blaq poet - poets comin, we gonna ill

ah there's so many

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Let's not forget Group Home's - Living Proof.
    The Remix for Craig David's - 7 Days Ft. Mos Def is class too

Full Clip is a banger though!!!

Any Freddie Foxx track produced by Premo is a sure banger too.

• Advertisement

ah I forgot about jadakiss - none of yall better, jay z - d'evils, lox - recognize,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Didn't he do the track with Common and Macy Gray on Lyricist Lounge Volume 2, think its called "Murder" or "I've Committed Murder", more nice Primo beats

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Ay Cee wrote:
    The Remix for Craig David's - 7 Days Ft. Mos Def is class too

u know dude is a great producer when he can make mr rewind himself sound good. another premo track that i just love and finally got my hands on the full length version not so long ago is "Jay Z - A Million"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I'm at this moment listening to a collection called Signature Sounds. Double CD compilation. All the usual suspects present.

I brought out here with me finest executions vol 2... Might go find it and give it a listen in a min

• Advertisement
Advertisement