Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cormega

Options
  • 02-03-2006 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

This guy is one of the best rappers alive...i think............and im sure alot of you guys agree......but why the **** is he virtually unheard of in Ireland in general?
    just another case of ****ers being too stupid to listen to anything other than 50,eminem g-unit.gay-z etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

DJ Lee is the BIGGEST Cormega fan ever, he's close to being a groupie I'd say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

There are hundreds of great rappers out there that aren't heard of outside of the US and that 90% of this forum haven't heard of the likes of Kool G Rap,Papoose and Cormega.Why?Because there not on MTV basically.

I'm a big Mega fan but he fell off.The Realness is one of my favourite albums ever,the Testament was very strong but the True Meaning disapointed me and the Legal Hustle was average.He also lacks lyrical diversity.

He has produced three of the greatest rap tracks ever in The Saga Remix,They Forced My Hand and Dirty Game.I also know Kristok and ubu are fans.Plus he stood out on Tragedy's new album as the best rapper and he's supposed to be linking up with Premier and Scram Jones on the new abum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Orizio wrote:
    The Realness is one of my favourite albums ever,.

i second that...cant get enough of tracks like fallen soldiers and get out my my way and the saga etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

True meaning > The testament by a long shot. Legal hustle isnt great though, but its only a ****ty mix tape anyway. Cant wait till his next album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

first of all saying g rap isn't well known is just plain stupid. Pap is known but he's nothing special to be honest. He doesn't have an lp out so putting him, cory and g rap in the same sentence.... meh what are you playing at?!!?!

Mega didn't fall off, every album is solid, testament, realness and true meaning(which is excellent throughout, I don't know what you listened to). and not forgetting legal hustle is a compilation and not a mega lp.

saying dirty game, a leaked track released last summer (not even a single, or album track), is one of the greatest songs ever is just plain silly.

There are hundreds of rappers who haven't been shown on mtv, who cares. MTV is not the culture. Plenty of people make (trust me) alot of money without getting airtime on there.
    he's supposed to be linking up with Premier and Scram Jones on the new abum

preem produced dirty game, its on urban legend, so yeah he has finally after a seven year waiting list hooked up with him.

mega is no-where near the greatest, but he puts out solid lps. consistant everytime... he's a special mc in his category to be honest. The poetic and heartfelt rhymes are what set him apart for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

irst of all saying g rap isn't well known is just plain stupid. Pap is known but he's nothinfg special to be honest. He doesn't have an lp out so putting him, cory and g rap in the same sentence.... meh what are you playing at?!!?!

Pap put out 14 mixtapes,killed g rap on home sweet funeral home,Cormega has put out two classic albums which is more then can be said about G Rap.

In the wider the scheme of things,Kool G Rap isn't well known.90% of this forum won't have heard of any of them and the vast majority of people on the street in any country won't have clue who these people are.
    Mega didn't fall off, every album is solid, testament, realness and true meaning(which is excellent throughout, I don't know what you listened to). and not forgetting legal hustle is a compilation and not a mega lp.

Legal Hustle was a fall off,lp or not,thats irrelevent.
    saying dirty game, a leaked track released last summer (not even a single, or album track), is one of the greatest songs ever is just plain silly.

Why?Star Wars and Amongst Kings are two of Nas' best tracks and are hardly his easiest tracks to find.Why,if Dirty Game which has one of Premo's best beats,cannot it be one of his best tracks and why can I not think that?Trying to argue that something that is unreleased canot be viewed as a classic is exceedingly warped logic and complete bollocks.
    There are hundreds of rappers who haven't been shown on mtv, who cares. MTV is not the culture. Plenty of people make (trust me) alot of money without getting airtime on there.

No ****?Damn I was sure you had to get TV time to sell a single album anywhere nowadays.I never said MTV was any kind of 'culture'.Your quoting my post,but apparently reading someone elses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Personally i like that Cormega and the likes arent main stream, but I have always been a complete music snob. I like his style, find it relaxing actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

gimmick wrote:
    I like his style, find it relaxing actually.

co-sign....i just didnt wanna say it lol

Advertisement