Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win fixer on my pc!! help get rid of ! Please!

Options
  • 01-03-2006 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

i keep getting these nasty pop ups about win fixer when ever im on the net !

can i block them ? ive found a couple of files in my search engine of it but it wont let me delete them! pleas help im soo worried for my pc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

This really is not meant to be rude/smart...but, have you consider a MAC?

Download, install, and update: Spybot Search&Destroy (S&D), AdAware SE and your anti-virus application. (AVG Free is my personal recommendation).

2. Boot into Safe Mode (Turn computer on -> keep tapping F8 until a menu appears -> Select Safe Mode)

3. Run scans...

4. Keep the above software & operating system up to date, and perhaps consider switching to FireFox (* NoScript)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

ok well i already have sofware norman anti virus , is this now no good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

ok well i already have sofware norman anti virus , is this now no good?
    Has to be better than Norton :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Norton is fine, it's just a bit of a resource hog. Use AVG, lightweight, as good as the commercials and free :)

Advertisement