Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Dad, Season 1 Finished, Your Views?

Options
  • 01-03-2006 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

WEll theres been 19 episodes what di u all think i reley enjoyed the season some funny **** but they could have ended on a more offensive epiosde like south park did (bloddy mary)

Rate This Season 28 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    14% 4 votes
    Ok
    57% 16 votes
    Bad
    14% 4 votes
    This Season Wasted 6 Hours And 33 Mins Of My Life And I Want Them Back
    14% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I didn't realise that was the last episode :( Any word of a second season yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭cognos

It was OK. The fact that it is so similar to family guy, but not quite as good really detracts from it. If family guy didnt exist I'd probably really like it, but when there are two show so similar and one is obviously better I'm only ever going to watch the better. This is especially true given its scheduling on BBC, i.e. one after the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I really liked that last episode.
    Its as if its carrying the torch for family guy which has gone way downhill lately in my opinion. Sure its pretty much a family guy rip off but I dunno. I think i prefer the characters. And all the class CIA stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i think that both shows are different tbh
    amercian dad and family guy both had me in tears laughing at times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Haven't seen that many episodes, cos the first few didn't impress me.

I liked the one where he set up a detention centre in his back garden :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Have to agree with User45701. I don't compare the two series (AD & FG) and both have had me laughing my head off this year.

Voted 'good'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Both too similar. The characters feel too similar. The jokes could be easily transferred. The existence of AD is weakening FG and the existence of FG is weakening AD. Get rid of one (AD) and we'll have better material for FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Voted it ok. At times it was very good but not often enough. Not sure if it not getting a second series would be a big loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ivan087

dosnt have the same joke rate as FG, but its still very funny, some really classic jokes and the characters are very good. FG is the superior show, but theres room for AD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I say good anyway. Some of the episodes didn't have too many laughs for me, but a few, particularly the second last I think, had me in stitches. I must watch a few of them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

South Park walks all over both, but i think the AD series on the whole has been better than the new FG stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Season 1 is still showing - it was off for a couple of months but it returned last week with a new ep "Roger N Me" - according to the official website this is still season 1 and not season 2.

I think American Dad has got better every week - the last 6 or so episodes have been hilarious (and the latest episode was fantastic).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I see big thing for that show I really like it and hope it sticks around for a few years.

Advertisement