Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well....

Options
  • 27-02-2006 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Someone pointed out the other day that a lot of people ( myslef included) are posting mainly depressing poems, and that poetry does have other emotions. So, the tiny cogs in my head started turning, and came up with this. If people submitted titles of poems that had to be happy to see what others came up with, would it serve to highlight the fact that poetry can be happy?So, any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Night_Rocker

Hmmm... I Think I Love You
    Can I Come Inside You?
    I'm The Jerk? etc.

Oh, read that poem Nothing To Say, absolutely class so it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

That second one is scary...will do the reading of the poem though.

:) i was goin for scary!

but yeah... read my new poem

tis pretty short and ****

but i think it gets the message across

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you want us to post poem titles that alread exist, or ones that people can write something from? I'm pretty sure it's the latter, but I could be wrong.

As an aside, loss can sometimes be a good thing. Not enough people write about that.

In the spirit of the latter:
    Envelopes with Frosted Panes.
    Mud-pie Apology.
    Kissing with Open Eyes.
    Campaigning for Cake.
    Spin-the-bottle Boyfriend.
    Textual Electrolysis.
    Perfect Bankrupcy.
    Easy on the Eye.
    My Conscience Did It.
    Raising the Square.
    Circumference.
    She says to me, she says...
    Unturn the Open Palm.

Those any good to you?

Wow. You have a lot of free time and/or imagination....will try some of these. Any other volunteers willing?
    Just realised i'd already read and commented on the poem " Nothing to say", said it was great and it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

That's three minutes of brainstorming to avoid the snowstorming there.

Welcome to my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Ridire_Dubh

If people submitted titles of poems that had to be happy to see what others came up with, would it serve to highlight the fact that poetry can be happy?So, any ideas?

I can think of two collections of poems with titles that are not unpleasant, nor are the contents:

Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam translated by Edward Fitzgerald.

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

was that persons point in the first place that this forum was recieving poems with negative emotions rather than depressing emotions.

imo, there is a difference

Blush, you're head is a very nice place to be.
    And well, the comment went something like " There are other things to write about other than depressing things, some people in here forget that" ( not direct quite, but it was something like that.

And I join in with a, "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a god damn door?"

• Advertisement

Thats a very nice note to enter at. I enter with " I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away"...loves it..

Advertisement