Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement screen 4 dell

Options
  • 27-02-2006 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

whats the story with gettin a replacement screen 4 a dell laptop? my mate closed his laptop with the mouse sittin on the keyboard and cracked the screen...dell wanted 800Euro to replace the screen but wouldent give any warrenty as they said replacing the screen might cause other problems later??? me mate claimed on the insurance an bought a new laptop,,i might have 1st call on the old machine, not sure of the spec yet but he paid dell almost 2000euro last year 4 it so it must be pretty decent,,will i be able to fit a new screen? www.screentekinc.com supply replacement screens 4 dell laptops, has anyone bought from them or am i wasting my time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

it doesn't seem to be any big deal according to these guys .... but again U.S. based .....

http://www.lcds4less.com/dell-laptop-screens.shtml

How about talking to these guys in the U.K. ....

http://www.iblparts.co.uk/laptop_screens.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

anyone know why dell would'nt guarentee a replacement screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tq

ebay.co.uk has cheap replacement screens and its not to hard to fit yourself, i got one last year for about £100. Much better than the quote i go of 800 from a repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Dell dont guarantee a lot of repair work or parts they use as they are mostly returned, repaired or B-grade parts thus keeping their costs down.

Ebay have loads of screens just make sure you have exactly the right part number. Not too hard to fit just a few screws and several connectors to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

If I were you, and you don't want to fleece a mate or be fleeced. Agree an amount to be paid if you get the laptop working, and if you don't you give it back to him. You can sell the screen on. But do it all before you go ahead with the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

cheers...il c how i get on..

Advertisement