Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop keyboard help please!!

Options
  • 27-02-2006 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I bought a laptop just over a year ago and have had endless problems with it since. The two main problems are the wireless internet, which randomly stops working sometimes (have learnt how to fix that now) and the keyboard breaking.

Whilst playing a computer game the laptop crashed, when I turned it on again as I tried to enter my password the whole thing froze and it does this every time I touch the keyboard. It has done this before and was sent away to be fixed but has happened again....2 days after the years guarentee ran out! :eek:

To solve this temporarily, I brought a cheap keyboard to plug into the usb. Then unfortunatly the wireless internet decided to stop working and the only way I have previously been able to fix this, is with the use of the fn key which I cannot use, as it freezes the laptop if I use the built in one and the seperate keyboard I use does not have the fn key!

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do?, as id hate to just give up on the laptop as i'm still paying for it! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Try booting into Safe Mode (F8 on bootup) - uninstall & reinstall if you can from device manager (Start->Run->devmgmt.msc->OK->locate keyboard->right-click to uninstall and reboot).

TBH, get back in touch with who repaired it (Presumably,the manufacturer?) - 2/3 days is reasonable; especially, as it had a previous repair... Contact them even if reinstalling it seems to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hayliee

Thank you! :)

I will try that and see how it goes tomorrow. Haven't heard back from manufacturer whether they will repair it or not... it might work out and I will try and get it replaced as it's just endless problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Doubt it,tbh - unless you've reported numerous faults numerous times...

What make is the laptop?

Advertisement