Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sudden shortage of toilets in sligo

Options
  • 27-02-2006 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭

<rant>
    is it just me or have half the toilets in sligo just upped and dissappeared? everynight for the past forthnight walking through town i see people (drunken idiots) urinating on main streets

now this used a very rare sighting for me, but in the last few weeks i can't think of one day that my eyes haven't been assaulted by some gob****e stumbling about (edited)

last night on my way home from work, 2 guys urinating on the side of the road and a 60 year old man hunched down with his trousers around his ankles (edited) very nice..:(

the night before, 3 guys lined up in a row beneath a scaffold on a main street whizzin away

another night late back at work 3 guys in the space of 15 minutes walk up across from my workplace and water the daisies in the exact same spot

it disgusts me, anyone else noticed a recent surge in bladder problems amongst the male population of sligo?

</rant>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not sure of the actual point here. Is it as the thread title suggests or is it about the behaviour of people especially after leaving the pubs?

With the times that are in it I dont think it would be a great idea to have any public toilet open late at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

There are NO public toilets in Sligo :rolleyes:
    I was walking to college 1 morn (about 10am) and 1 young guy, must hav been in his lateish teens, was taking a leak along the side of a house. Bear in mind, this house was opposite a girls secondary school. Any young wan could have been walkin by..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The toilet situation in Sligo is a joke. Tesco have a toilet and they charge 50 cent for the privilage of using it! Aparently this charge is so they can keep it clean. Half the time its out of order and the other half or the time its filthy.

magnumlady wrote:
    Tesco have a toilet and they charge 50 cent for the privilage of using it!
    The old saying "spend a penny" is well and truly gone. With inflation and conversion to Euro its now 50 cent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

it was rag week last week...this would attribute to some the "over-exposed waste managing"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

lol at the edit muffler:D

lol at the edit muffler:D
    I have an honours degree in editing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TipTopToe

Fitzo wrote:
    it was rag week last week...this would attribute to some the "over-exposed waste managing"
    Same story down here in Galway, with not one but two major third level educational establishments with their own populations of unruly drinkers :D The streets were running golden with processed buckfast...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

TipTopToe wrote:
    Same story down here in Galway, with not one but two major third level educational establishments with their own populations of unruly drinkers :D The streets were running golden with processed buckfast...
    Oh How I processed it, mmm! :)
    A lot more bathrooms in galway than sligo though...if only I could find them.

Advertisement