Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 1300 for wireless net browsing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

For the sake of saving €133 are you sure you want no backup service? What if something goes wrong? Laptop parts are pricey and so is labour. The laptop looks grand for what you want to do but personally I wouldnt drop back to a three month warranty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Aye you could be right but i do get 90 days cover with 489 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Dcully wrote:
    Hi folks im on eircom 3mb/384 broadband using the eircom modem with wireless antenna.
    Im looking at getting a basic laptop for the wife to use wirelessly.
    Its purely for browsing so nothing too demanding.
    Im looking at this Dell Inspiron 1300.
    Im thinking of dropping their 3 year cover to 90 days and thus getting price from 622 euros to 489 euros.
    Is this machine decent enough for wireless browsing folks?
    link here
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b&c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&oc=N02135&rbc=N02135&s=dhs&sbc=iedhsrsinspn_1300_3&fb=1

hello i have the inspiron 1300, i use it for wifi and its grand. if u can go for the bigger screen, its brilliant for watching dvd's.
    its a nice laptop and a good price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Buddie of mine recently got the basic 1300 for wifi web browsing and she's more than happy with it ..... :)

but do get the 3 year warranty ..... trust me ... I know it's value ... :p

(rem ... it costs less than a pint a week and you can sleep easy for three years)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Agreed, Saving yourself a few euro in the shorterm is gonna cost in the longterm! But its up to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

(rem ... it costs less than a pint a week and you can sleep easy for three years)

I'm just looking at Dell 'Home February 2006' and the 1300 has a three year warranty for 134.00 euros ....

that's not a pint a week ..... :confused: .... more like the cost of a pint per month!!! ..... :eek:

Case proven me Lord !!! .... :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers guys,ive ordered it with 3 years cover,the wife is happy now :P
    Im assuming her surfing wont interfere with my gaming on 3mb/384kbps connection?

Advertisement