Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petey Pablo signed with Death Row

Options
  • 26-02-2006 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

I'm not sure when this happened but excuse me if everyone knows already, Petey Pablo teams up with the legendry Suge Knight on Death Row Records.
    Not sure if this will actually be a good thing or not. I love Petey and I loved Death Row way back. Petey's next album will be called Same Eyes On Me, and it says on the web site that he's talking the route to be the next Tupac or something like that. Hence the name of the album. Should be interesting. Also on the web site 2pac is listed as an artist but i thought all of 2pacs albums that were released after he died came off Amaru records.

Have a look at the Web site and see what you think.
    http://www.deathrowrecords.net/deathrow.html

Explore the whole web site it's good, I didn't even bother thinking of Death row records anymore because I thought it was well and truly finished but it good to hear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Afaik Petey Pablo signed for Death Row in 2004 or early 2005. I'm not a big fan tbh. He's never going to be the next 2pac anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Ya i thought he was already on Death Row for a while, I like his work anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

My God i didn't know it was that long ago. Thats the problem when you start backlogging artists and just listen to older stuff you never hear about current news. Ah well i'll look forward to the new album, but i dont think i'm happy with the whole Next 2pac thing he's trying to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

old news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Can tell you for a FACT Petey has NOT signed with Death Row Records & is stil, signed with Jive. Suge only manages him. Suge's announcement was PREMATURE & thought he could get Petey out of his deal @ Jive, or at least do a joint venture with Jive. It all never happened.

The ONLY thing with Death Row that is happening right now is Suge has abandoned Death Row as a west coast label & is starting Death Row east, of which Nas' Protege 'Lakey' is the first artist to sign, which IS true & was confirmed on Angie Martinez' Hot 97 radio show.

I can also tell you that about 2 months ago Suge let go the LAST of the Death Row staff & never bothered relocating offices after the lease went on the ones in Beverly Hills.

The ONLY staff Suge has right now are Danny Boy who has moved back from Atlanta to work with Suge & Big Delson, one of Lakey's friends who is the VP of Death Row East.

And as to how I know? I do work for Danny & Platinum Pearl Records (his label)

::: ven0mous :::

• Advertisement

That's soom good Info VenOm, cheers, but whats with Petey's next album is it gonna be the whole "pac thing with Same eyes on me.

So are there gonna be any other major label rappers moving to Death Row from the east or what. Why Petey then if he's from North Carolina?? Thats South is'nt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real Soulja

On that death row site did you here the remix to pacs Hartz of men after who shot him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

That's soom good Info VenOm, cheers, but whats with Petey's next album is it gonna be the whole "pac thing with Same eyes on me.

So are there gonna be any other major label rappers moving to Death Row from the east or what. Why Petey then if he's from North Carolina?? Thats South is'nt it.

Death Row east is supposed to now have "Cormega" on it.... I've been trying to contact Danny for a few days now about some stuff, but keep getting his voicemail..... but apparently the only artist ACTUALLY signed is Lakey, & some kinda deal with Cormega in relation to some duet album with Lakey has been 'agreed' (ALLEGEDLY I MIGHT ADD!!)

Don't go betting money on the album being called that. The album was called that when Petey & Suge thought Petey could just disappear over to Death Row Records, till Uncle Clive had his team of well paid suits slap Suge with a "don't even try it buddy!"..... ;)

::: ven0mous :::

Yeah I kinda thought the album title was Suge's influence and obviously the next 2pac thing made petey wanna do it even more. But its nice to hear that petey is still with jive and hopefully not gonna do what suge knight tells him to. He well good enough to stand alone without being classed as the next 2 pac.

Cheers again Ven0m for the info.

Advertisement