Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Jam(s)?

Options
  • 26-02-2006 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in some good times with a random jam session(s) belting out some classics! Come one and all.

Music i like and would like to jam.....

Led Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd
    Metallica
    Aerosmith
    Audioslave
    Coldplay
    Cream
    Foo Fighters
    Franz Ferdinand
    Green Day
    Guns N' Roses
    Incubus
    Jeff Buckley
    Jimmy Hendrix
    Lostprophets
    Muse
    Pearl Jam
    Radiohead
    Rage Against the Machine
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    System of a Down
    The Darkness
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    Velvet Revolver
    AC/DC
    Eric Clapton
    The Doors
    Thin Lizzy

I'm a guitarist, jams would be a happening in Dublin City Centre...

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'll have a jam with u bud..u lookin to play covers of the above bands or just jam to original stuff thats just influenced by the above???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

cool man, i'd like to jam covers at first anyway.. original will come naturally if it all flows, just need ourselves some more peeps!

cool shouldn't be too much hassle getting others.. i'm looking at doin covers wit another guitarist so if yis want i can slip down onto bass if needed

cool and the gang, we could all share duties, i could shift onto bass for some songs, and drums on others etc...

yeah thats a good idea can u sing???

• Advertisement

Can i sing? Yes. Can i sing well? No.

that makes 2 of us except i can barely talk in key...

where are u in dublin ???

In Tallaght bud! Not too far from yourself! heh

would walkinstown or crumlin not be handier than town to jam????

the other guitarist i was tlakin bout is in tallafornia himself..kilnamanagh methinks

jcoote wrote:
    would walkinstown or crumlin not be handier than town to jam????

the other guitarist i was tlakin bout is in tallafornia himself..kilnamanagh methinks
    *mr burns*excellent!*mr burns*

Yeah man that would be handy! heh

• Advertisement

yeah sound lease and cross are around that area

any idea of tunes you'd like to do or whatnot

LundiMardi wrote:
    *mr burns*excellent!*mr burns*

Yeah man that would be handy! heh
    Actually i still have our own rehearsal space, if i can get another band in by the end of the week we can use that, but if not i'll have to let it go.. but still, crumlin or walkinstown is cool

yeah that'd be cool but if not thats handier..a northside drummer will come along now and it'll be back to town again!!!!

when are u lookin at havin a jam??

jcoote wrote:
    yeah sound lease and cross are around that area

any idea of tunes you'd like to do or whatnot
    i haven't decided yet, they would have to be prearranged though as i don't actually know any full songs ha! What would you like to do yourself?

jcoote wrote:
    yeah that'd be cool but if not thats handier..a northside drummer will come along now and it'll be back to town again!!!!

when are u lookin at havin a jam??
    don't mind at all, i'm free pretty much every evening! I *could* play drums but i don't have my own cymbals or anything so couldn't bring them, plus i'm not the most techically amazing drummer:) still learning.

But whenever a drummer is willing i'm game.. unless you don't care if there is even a drummer there?

we were lookin at doin 'its so easy' by gnr..the other lad suggested that and i agreed...i'd like to do a really good version of 'wish u were here' too..i know feck all full songs...some audioslave maybe a bit of lizzy,zep,maybe a tom petty song...anything thats not dull indie kinda stuff

i don't mind even if u just wanna meet up and decide on a few tunes to do..i don't mind tbh...just wanna get goin again

it's soo easy is cool... Is your friend a lead guitarist? Wish you were hear i'd love also... Pretty much any song by any of the bands i listed would be cool.. plus i'm very open minded so will play almost anything.

yeah i'll play anything more or less aswell...he plays both lead and rhythm handy enough...wanna do sinobi vs dragon ninja :p

edit: i was talkin bout floyds wish u were here not incubus...altho that wouldn't be bad either

Yeah i was talking about floyd too, but Incubus is also good:)

Sinobi would be cool, plus any track from Start Something would kick ass too!

we could do a medley of both wish u were here's :D

don't have start something only fake sound of progress but yeah whatever its all good

• Advertisement

Defo get Start Something! ****in amazing!!

So any drummers around? I think the Doc should offer his services.

not many drummers around at the best of times tbh...i'll try twist baggios arm

tell him there's a shinny penny in it for him! heh

I'll even agree to play some Rush

yeah rush are savage not easily done tho tbh...loadsa twists and turns and that..great craic and that tho

Can't say i know of any rush! But it can all be learned with enought notice...

thats it really i suppose any song that'll be worth learning i'll play ya know...i'll give u some of their stuff they are **** hot musicians

i do have one album that baggio recommended on gigsmart, can't say i've listened to it though,, it seems very dated and 80'sish, heh... but i don't mind that..

they sound is very 80s lots of chorus and that but they are truly an aquired taste and are worth hating for a month so u can grow to like them..if u catch my drift

ah yeah, most of the music i LOVE now i hated when i first listened... Including stairway to heaven:eek:

• Advertisement

i hear ya brother...best thing about playing an instrument is that u appriciate ****e songs :v:

Advertisement