Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairway Woods

Options
  • 25-02-2006 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what in people's opinions are the best make and model of fairway woods. I am winterested in changing my old ones and I am wondering what are the best types. I am currently playing off 8 at the moment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 o_O

what type off woods do you have know and how many?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

i have the old model callaway steelhead III 3 wood and i love it. i would highly recommend it. or also the old model Taylormade vSteel fairway woods and really nice too. these clubs wouldn't break the bank either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Halo wrote:
    i have the old model callaway steelhead III 3 wood and i love it. i would highly recommend it.
    ditto, lovely club

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have a taylormade v-steel 4 wood. I took the 4 wood cause its basically just as long as the 3 wood, yet is so easy to hit, and from the club design and flight pattern you get, you can easily shoot it into a green during summer and fully expect it to stop.

On mine ive a lovely custom ys shaft.

Definatly check ebay, clubs dirt cheap, got my v-steel for 50 euro, 50!!!!! priced ehre including shaft at over 300 euro.

But i think the v-steel is a beautiful club, with most people who I let have a go, all went out and bought one. And such an easy club to shape too.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Halo wrote:
    i have the old model callaway steelhead III 3 wood and i love it. i would highly recommend it. or also the old model Taylormade vSteel fairway woods and really nice too. these clubs wouldn't break the bank either

I can vouch for this aswell. Have owned a TM 200 steel and it was a beauty too

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i love the callaway steelhead III too, i used to play the tm200 and it was great but the deeper face on the callaway meant you are much less likely to sky one off the tee or out of the rough while it is still just as easy to get it in the air.

the current big bertha model is a similar club, easier to hit if anything, they also have a fusion model with a nice graphite shaft as std and are coming out with a x-series and x-tour version which are nice.

Advertisement