Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco (iqon) laptop

Options
  • 25-02-2006 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought the above laptop and discovered there is no manual to accompany it. (does not exist). If someone can answer these few questions it would greatly help.
    1. How do I move stuff around, eg, a picture in a document, as I cannot use the mouse to drag as I would with a conventional mouse.
    2. What is the "fn" button for in the left-hand corner of the keyboard.

That's it 4 now. I'm sure I will be back with more questions in the future.

Thanx:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I bought the above laptop and discovered there is no manual to accompany it

Fear not FG ..... you will rarely get a printed manual with systems these days .... :(

any chance you might have an icon on your desktop called "owners manual"? :confused: .... or you could search for it ...

it will be something like .... c:\iqon\docs\manual

start > search ...select 'all files and folders' .... put 'manual' in the search box and it will find your manual ..... you might even print it out if you really want to but rem it's likely to be a 100 pages or more :eek:
    That's it 4 now. I'm sure I will be back with more questions in the future

is that a promise or a threat ? ..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

2. What is the "fn" button for in the left-hand corner of the keyboard.
    Fn = "Function". You may have noticed more than 1 thing printed on a key on your keyboard... The Fn key (When 'held down') will activate the second key meaning.

As above, find the manual - it'll answer most of your questions. Alternatively, they may have a copy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

flutegirl wrote:
    Hi,
    1. How do I move stuff around, eg, a picture in a document, as I cannot use
    mouse to drag as I would with a conventional mouse.
    2. Wh
    the at is the "fn" button for in the left-hand corner of the keyboard.

Thanx:confused:
    1 tap twice with your fingre on the mouse pad after you have selected what you want to move, then you can move what is highlighted.

2. Fn you will see logos above the nmbers, pressing the FN button and the appropiate button will allow you to switch to an external PC, hibernate, adjust volume etc....:) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Many Thanx!!

fn= of COURSE it's function! How could I have not worked that out!I can now turn on the number lock. I was using the shift key and was wondering why nothing was happening..... did not find manual but I don't need to now, and I can drag stuff too. Did not know this forum existed until I posted question on another site.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

FG, pop this link in your 'Fav's for future reference .... :)

http://www.iqon.ie/faq.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Hmmm, I also have a newish iqon laptop, didn't buy it in Tesco though, so it's probably totally different or maybe not. As for the manual, all I got was a quickstart guide, thats it.

A wise investment, I've had no troubles with it so far.

Advertisement