Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display Problem

Options
  • 24-02-2006 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

I've recently acquired an old IBM thinkpad R31.
    Everything is fine only sometimes, at random, a lot of pinkish coloured pixels are drawn intermittently with the desired display.
    Anybody familiar with this problem? Is it hardware? software?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Have seen a few similar issues.

For example

Is the screen connected to a CRT & docking station when the problem occurs?

Is it the entire screen turning a shade of pink or just a number of pixels.

In which case might be a problem with one of the hardware profiles, and removing the active one and restarting tends to fix the situation.

Or could be a graphics card issue, or LCD issue. Need more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

pilson wrote:
    I've recently acquired an old IBM thinkpad R31.
    Everything is fine only sometimes, at random, a lot of pinkish coloured pixels are drawn intermittently with the desired display.
    Anybody familiar with this problem? Is it hardware? software?

this also happens my pc in work just recently though. i think its interference of some kind, maybe from a new handsfree headset that has just been installed and the base of it sits beside my computer
    the screen kind of wobbles and goes pink and then goes back to normal after a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

ressem wrote:
    Have seen a few similar issues.

For example

Is the screen connected to a CRT & docking station when the problem occurs?

Is it the entire screen turning a shade of pink or just a number of pixels.

In which case might be a problem with one of the hardware profiles, and removing the active one and restarting tends to fix the situation.

Or could be a graphics card issue, or LCD issue. Need more details.

There are no connections to a CRT or docking station when it occurs.
    and
    It is only a number of pixels and not the entire screen that turns pink.

What does that say to you?
    cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

rsta wrote:
    this also happens my pc in work just recently though. i think its interference of some kind, maybe from a new handsfree headset that has just been installed and the base of it sits beside my computer
    the screen kind of wobbles and goes pink and then goes back to normal after a few seconds.
    I know the display problem you are talking about and it definitely is not the problem I am having. Thanks anyway :)

Advertisement