Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C-dilla

Options
  • 24-02-2006 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

I've found a hidden folder on my HD called C_Dilla. I've searched Google and it seems to be some kind of anti-copy protection written to the boot sector without my consent. Can anyone enlighten me? I've read the rules and hope I'm OK posting this.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

dunno about it, remember safedisc from years ago used to protect games from being dumped to hard drive or copied, some crackers wrote unwrappers like C-U-DILLA..etc

i think you can uninstal it from Start Settings Add/Remove.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

AutoCAD used to use it too.

What other apps do you have / what date is the folder and are there any folders in program files of similar date ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

AutoCAD used to use it too.

What other apps do you have / what date is the folder and are there any folders in program files of similar date ?

It says January 1st 2006. I can't see anything in add/remove programs or program files. Showing 0 bytes.:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Freddie59 wrote:
    It says January 1st 2006. I can't see anything in add/remove programs or program files. Showing 0 bytes.:confused:
    so much for that idea - something else has changed the date on the folder or accessed the files in it :(

sometimes you can get a clue if all the files dates match

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Freddie59 wrote:
    I've found a hidden folder on my HD called C_Dilla. I've searched Google and it seems to be some kind of anti-copy protection written to the boot sector without my consent. Can anyone enlighten me? I've read the rules and hope I'm OK posting this.:)
    Mathcad12. You use Mathcad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

c-dilla is a nasty piece of work, you get it with autocad and I think 3d studio max and some of the other graphics software that you can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

riptide wrote:
    Mathcad12. You use Mathcad?

Don't use any CAD progs, just video editing. Pinnacle, Cyberlink, Nero, etc. (all legit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

The only thing i can think of that may help u see whats accessiong the directorys is the tool http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

Thats if its not some insane rootkit/driver based insanity buried in Ring 0

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Freddie59 wrote:
    Don't use any CAD progs, just video editing. Pinnacle, Cyberlink, Nero, etc. (all legit).
    Well when I installed Mathcad12 that folder came with it. It comes up on all my spyware sweeps... but I ignore it... cuase Mathcad may not work without it!

Advertisement