Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[For Sale] SMT Deep Bore 455

Options
  • 24-02-2006 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

SMT Deep Bore 455
    9* with Accuflex VS339 Stiff Shaft
    €100, bargain of the month

I bought this direct from the US in June 2005, cost $225. Absolute cracker of a Driver, so long, I just never got the right trajectory with it, so I'm opting for a 10* instead. Photos show one slight mark on the face/crown, otherwise in excellent condition. Includes magnetic headcover. Any questions, send me a PM. Below is the information from the manufacturer.

Visit the following link for some reviews, http://www.golfreview.com/mfr/smt-golf/drivers/PRD_142406_2948crx.aspx

I heard about the Driver while flicking through Golf Punk magazine and it was their No. 1 choice Driver above Callaway 454, Ping G2 et al.

www.smtgolf.com
    www.accuflexgolf.com
    The most successful component club head of all time. 2 World Long Drive Championships (384 & 345 yards). The first-ever South African Long Drive Challenge. And, a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records (2003).

The lower center of gravity from a slightly deeper than standard head design gives your club the solid feel that you desire while still affording you the most forgiving head in our lineup. The lack of scorelines on the face will make your playing partners stand up and take notice. This design is one of function, not fashion. Our goal is to make all of our heads play as close to the .830 USGA allowance, and that called for a very thin face. So thin, that if we were to score the face in a traditional manner, it would weaken the structure of the head and compromise structural integrity and our quality standards.

The 455 is a favorite of those looking for the most forgiveness in their club while still looking for a slightly higher than standard trajectory.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

No doubt that club is on the ban list? correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

Nope fully legal, wouldnt have bought it otherwise. check on www.randa.org

It really is a top driver, I simply never got enough carry with it cos of the 9* loft. It's £129 (€200) for the head alone brand new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

No doubt that club is on the ban list? correct?
    dude seriously check things out before making comments. it's on the conforming list:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

where u based... ill give u 80 for it?

Sorry, €100 it is and a bargain at that. It's going on Ebay tomorrow so if you want it let let me know. I'm in Swords in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

my bad, jsut as a rule of thumb usually a club that has a flat sole face like that aka no lines running through is usually a banned club =P

my bad if its not

No worries DOC, you can't be golf expert at everything!

meet you half way.... 90??? ... am workin in swords so would be handy to meet up

100 it is, as I said it's goin on Ebay and I should get more there, so if you want it for 100, let me know

ok cool... 100 it is then...

the stingy bugger inside me always wants a better bargain :D

SW

• Advertisement

Sold, just took it off Ebay. Great stuff, send me a PM to arrange collection

PM sent.

Cheers

... got the driver last night... pretty much took it straight to the driving range and gave it a blast... am very happy with it... am not a particularly long hitter but it added 20+ yards on my drives...

thanks a mil.

SW

Delighted it worked out, actually will be missing it this wknd as my new driver hasn't arrived yet!

All the best

stringy wrote:
    Delighted it worked out, actually will be missing it this wknd as my new driver hasn't arrived yet!

ill sell it to ya for $200 :P

Advertisement