Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce 7900

Options
  • 24-02-2006 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Any company actually got these yet?

They are supposed to be released early march but i cant find any benchmarks online at all for them or expected prices.

Im looking to get one of these, what you guys think? The reason i want to get 1 over the x19000's is my mobo is sli not crossfire so if i wana get 2 cards il have to go nvidia :(

is the GeForce 7900 supposed to be any good? How much you reckon it will cost for the Xt model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Not an X1900 beater anyway. Pricing is expected to be around €550, varying by manufacturer/distributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

It doesnt beat the x1900? Thats a surprise, nice one coz my card is due in today/monday. If thats the case the only way they will outsell is through Pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

DigiTimes is reporting that NVIDIA is expected to unveil their 90-nm based "GeForce 7900" on March 9th:

Nvidia is expected to launch its 90nm GeForce 7900 graphics processor unit (GPU), in GT and GTX versions, on March 9, according to sources at Taiwan graphics-card makers. In addition to the GeForce 7900 series, Nvidia plans to add the GeForce 7600 (codenamed G73) by the end of next month, the sources indicated.

The article also suggests that GeForce 7900 will be priced more competitively than X1900. Sounds like the graphics wars are about to heat up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

It doesnt beat the x1900? Thats a surprise, nice one coz my card is due in today/monday. If thats the case the only way they will outsell is through Pricing.

where did u order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Will this be the last nvidia before DX10 & Vista ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

^whitey^ wrote:
    Will this be the last nvidia before DX10 & Vista ?

Read somewhere that it is.. The G80 is there DX10 card.... If i'd a 7800gt/gtx i wouldn't go near a 7900 or anthything for that matter. Not with Vista n DX10 so near...

unklerosco wrote:
    Read somewhere that it is.. The G80 is there DX10 card.... If i'd a 7800gt/gtx i wouldn't go near a 7900 or anthything for that matter. Not with Vista n DX10 so near...

i dont have a 7800 so thats why i wana get this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

gline wrote:
    i dont have a 7800 so thats why i wana get this

U had one... a fast one. Im waiting for the 7900 to come out so i can get the 7800 gtx cheap..

unklerosco wrote:
    U had one... a fast one. Im waiting for the 7900 to come out so i can get the 7800 gtx cheap..

thats gone ages ago, sold it on boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'm really tempted by the X1900XT (have an X1800XT), but i'm gonna have to force myself to wait till Vista ships and its accompanying graphics cards come out (dx10 basically).

I'm also waiting for nVidia to start doing dual link dvi properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

IIRC the 7900 is pretty much the 7800 except with a smaller die and higher clock/mem speeds?
    Not worth it at all imo.
    Upgrading to one I mean. If you're after a new card, I'd say go for an X1900 tbh, they seem to have a longer life span than Nvidia cards, aswell as being a small bit cheaper? This is more or less speculation though.
    The OcUK forums have a good bit of info, aswell as a few decent arguments.

The G80 and R590 (don't think that's right? Core name escapes me), they have my interest alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'll wait for the G80

It's my understanding the ONLY way the 7900GTX will beat the ATI 1900XTX is if it has 32 pixel pipes. If it's clocked at 650MHz it'll still far short of the 1900XTX.

gline wrote:
    Any company actually got these yet?

They are supposed to be released early march but i cant find any benchmarks online at all for them or expected prices.

Im looking to get one of these, what you guys think? The reason i want to get 1 over the x19000's is my mobo is sli not crossfire so if i wana get 2 cards il have to go nvidia :(

is the GeForce 7900 supposed to be any good? How much you reckon it will cost for the Xt model?

Dude...you're mad, are you compensating for a small penis or something? :D

Dude...you're mad, are you compensating for a small penis or something? :D

nah id just like a nice rig up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

nah id just like a nice rig up and running
    Yesterday 20:56
    You have 4 rigs!:D

Richard Dower
    I'll wait for the G80

Astrofool
    I'm really tempted by the X1900XT (have an X1800XT), but i'm gonna have to force myself to wait till Vista ships and its accompanying graphics cards come out (dx10 basically).

If you wait all the time in this game, for new technology around the corner, you'll wait an eternity.
    Jump in and get one lads.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

riptide wrote:
    Astrofool

If you wait all the time in this game, for new technology around the corner, you'll wait an eternity.
    Jump in and get one lads.!!

seeing as I have the top ATI card from just 1.5 months ago, I don't think you could exactly accuse me of not jumping in :) (even knowing X1900XT was out soon)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The 7900 is a die shrunk 7800 and the GTX is now clocked at 650mhz stock,
    and the prices have gone way down, a 7800gtx 512mb is now half the price,

but i dont think the 7900gtx it will beat the x1900xtx, but it will be close, and cheaper and probably very overclockable seen as its now 90nm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Nvidia’s GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB graphics board has a planned retail price of $499, whereas the GeForce 7900 GT 256MB is projected to be available for $299.

The G71 will be a 90nm version of the original G70 that has 24 pixel processors and 8 vertex processors.

The GeForce 7900 GTX will have clock-speeds of 650/1600MHz, And the GeForce 7900 GT will have 256MB of memory and be clocked @ 450MHz/1300MHz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

• Advertisement

The second one is overpriced, and needs an external PSU its so inefficient, and 1 7800gtx512mb beats it and its now cheaper.............

conzymaher wrote:
    and 1 7800gtx512mb beats it and its now cheaper.............

the 7800 gtx 512 is still expensive, going on ebay for 600-900 dollars

The 7800gtx 512mb will retail for $399 when the 7900gtx 512mb is released im March...........

Advertisement