Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dial-up connection in Europe

Options
  • 24-02-2006 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I want to use the laptop on the continent (Italy/France). For various reasons, all that is available is dial-up. Is the phone connector the same as here?

So can I just take the normal cable with rj-11 connectors at both ends and use it on the continent?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

tom dunne wrote:
    Hi All,

I want to use the laptop on the continent (Italy/France). For various reasons, all that is available is dial-up. Is the phone connector the same as here?

So can I just take the normal cable with rj-11 connectors at both ends and use it on the continent?

I dont know about Italy and France specifically but in Uk the connector is different, have a look in the electronics shops in the airport when you land and ask the same question, they will have appropriate adaptors, another option is to ask at the hotel reception again they always have adaptors.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Did a bit more searching, found this :eek:

http://www.travelessentials.com/department/Laptop_Adaptors/Italy/page1.html

I was told it was a three-pin plug, but I thought they were raving. I thought they were mixing up a power plug with the telephone socket, but they weren't after all.

I hope I get one at the airport.

b

Advertisement