Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Game

Options
  • 23-02-2006 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I'm glad someone put the two worst rappers against each other in a poll.

But honestly, do you really think they have talent?! Just take a second and think. Listen to the music. Listen to the words. Watch their performances

what the **** the documentray was one of the best rap albums out last year and if you disagree please name some dat r better rather than just saying hes pop rap.

also how can u say hes no talent.300barz is an unbelievable song and probably best rap battle song written

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

2 off the top of my head:
    Dangerdoom - The Mouse and The Mask
    Cunninglynguists - A Piece Of Strange

come on, best battle song written would you snap out if it and actually expand your mind past MTV

Two of the actual best battle songs written:
    BDP - The Bridge is Over
    NaS - Ether

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Boogieman vs Masta Ace, the tracks are called "Just You Wait" and "Acknowledge", respectively is also a better battle than game could come up with.

Game is just another Hip-Pop Clone, he'll be another forgotten rapper soon (hopefully!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Hit Em Up was the greatest diss track ever.Show some respect.:p

While I don't think Game is 'pop',I do think he is an ordinary lyricist with a flow that is either barely audible or technically inept.Saying that the Documentary was a good album,but its thanks to some incredible beats not the Games average MC skills.

There was at least a dozen beter albums last year.AZ,One Be Lo,Cormega,Tragedy,Black Market Militia,Kano,Ghost,GZA,Common,Doom all dropped good albums last year.2005 was hardly vintage to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Orizio just saved me having to type out my response. :D

ciaran13, i suggest you try listening to some albums from this thread.

while i think The Documentary is a good album, it most certainly isn't anywhere near the best out last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Orizio wrote:
    Hit Em Up was the greatest diss track ever.Show some respect.:p

While I don't think Game is 'pop',I do think he is an ordinary lyricist with a flow that is either barely audible or technically inept.Saying that the Documentary was a good album,but its thanks to some incredible beats not the Games average MC skills.

There was at least a dozen beter albums last year.AZ,One Be Lo,Cormega,Tragedy,Black Market Militia,Kano,Ghost,GZA,Common,Doom all dropped good albums last year.2005 was hardly vintage to be honest.

word up!!!!!
    the only thing i liked about the documentary was the production...........hearing game talking about he is what the west has been waiting for and **** is so goddamn annoying...and he seems to go on about it in every one of his goddamn "songs"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

i loved the Documentary, it was one of the best albums i picked up last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

300 barz is way better than hit em up in all fairness, the game changes his flow with the beat ,production is sick and no1 else out there can make a song that long and keep it entertaining.if it wasn't tupac hit em up wudnt even b a big song.

also saying kano had a better album than game is simply laughable.Common's album also wasnt half as good as i wud hav hoped

come on, best battle song written would you snap out if it and actually expand your mind past MTV

Two of the actual best battle songs written:
    NaS - Ether

firstly 300 barz doesnt even have a video and secondly nas-ether wasnt even better than jay-z takeover so dont see how it qualifies as best ever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

300 barz is way better than hit em up in all fairness, the game changes his flow with the beat ,production is sick and no1 else out there can make a song that long and keep it entertaining.if it wasn't tupac hit em up wudnt even b a big song.

Damn...just forget about it kid.Seriously.

I'm not doubting Game's beat selection but then again if you put the likes of Timbo and Dre on the same album its bound to bang.The point is that his flow is dull and his lyrics are just very very average.
    also saying kano had a better album than game is simply laughable

Not really.Kano's flow is way nicer then Games,no contest imo.And while Kano's single and beat choice is dodgy,Signs In Life shats all over anything that Game has ever produced.

ciaran13 wrote:

hahaha 300barz better than hit em up????O lord.......................................kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"if it wasnt pac hit em up wudnt b a big song"?????????????????????lol wtf are you trying to get at.........
    if there wasnt a tupac there would be no hit em up ;)

ciaran13 wrote:

also saying kano had a better album than game is simply laughable.Common's album also wasnt half as good as i wud hav hoped

firstly 300 barz doesnt even have a video and secondly nas-ether wasnt even better than jay-z takeover so dont see how it qualifies as best ever

by the way judgin by ur name...are you actally ciaran and are 13?????sounds like it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

ciaran13 wrote:

If you think that takeover is better than Ether then theres no point in trying to get you to see the light, you're already blind.

ubu wrote:
    If you think that takeover is better than Ether then theres no point in trying to get you to see the light, you're already blind.

word up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

I haven't heard games original diss

how can you comment on 300 bars if you havnt even heard it ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

ciaran13 wrote:
    how can you comment on 300 bars if you havnt even heard it ffs!

I take it you were pulling my quote from a different thread, but since your so deeply offended by it, i thought it merited a reply. I have heard 300 bars!it is better than the 50 diss from the other thread, but seriously i wouldn't call it a great battle rap at all. listening to it relative to 50s makes it seem better than it is. the beats are nice, but thats down to the dj/producer, and contrary to previous comments he isn't changing his flow with the beats, the beat itself never really changes. the only time he does change it are the few moments he's doing his 50 impression. theres nothing smart or witty about it, and no stand-out lyrics that hit home hard. if you want to hear a proper battle listen to something like KRS vs MC Shan, hell even Wyclefs diss at LL is hotter than it.

Advertisement