Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florida or Dubai..?

Options
  • 23-02-2006 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

The O.H. can get a good deal on either of these locations for next month. Never been to either. Anyone got any ideas...? I know where they are at least.. Ist holiday in a long time! Thanks.
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would go to Dubai. The reason being you would avoid what id imagine is very touristy in Florida, but then again Dubai might be very touristy too. Id go for Dubai in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Ive been to miami in florida. its gorgeous, weather is fab and and miami beach is amazing. Ive been to dubai but only the airport although i know a couple who have been there several times. they go for the shopping. weather is lovely too most of the year.

it depends on what kind of holiday you want. youve got great weather at both places. but if its more of a party holiday you want go to florida, if its a shopping for bargains (gold and clothes etc) then go to dubai.

ah its a tough one! lucky you whichever place you decide to go to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

never been to florida but dubai is great craic , plenty to do:
    some good beaches , watersports
    desert cruises in a 4x4
    great waterslide park
    fantastic hotels and restaraunts
    very cheap duty free
    great pubs and clubs , check out the irish village
    always a good chance of a major sporting event, tennis / golf
    plenty of shopping for the missus
    a few interesting golf courses
    plenty of unattached ladies if you don't have a missus
    lots of day trips to do , bedouin nights etc.

its certainly good for a week / 10 days, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

growler wrote:
    check out the irish village
    Sorry for going off topic, but any more info on this? I'm intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Went to Orlando Florida last year and did the theme parks for 10 days, I'd recommend it to anyone, best holiday ever...

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote:
    Sorry for going off topic, but any more info on this? I'm intrigued.

its the pub in the Aviation Club in Dubai , in the middle of the dubai tennis centre and around the corner from where most of the airline staff tended to stay , kind of looks like you stole a street front from an irish village really.

Great place to meet people and get a stew if you get tired of the local fare. Lots of irish expats also gather there. trad bands etc.

One of those places where you can get a decent pint, read the irish papers and forget you were away, except for the 40 degree heat outside :-)

http://www.aviationclubonline.com/Eng/Ivillage.asp

thesteve wrote:
    Went to Orlando Florida last year and did the theme parks for 10 days, I'd recommend it to anyone, best holiday ever...

that sounds like hell ( to me) :D

btw: wouldn't this be better off in holidays ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Been to Orlando and the West coast of Florida, can't recommend it enough, should be really great at this time of the year as it won't be too busy. Orlando has pretty much everything you could possibly want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

Thanks all. We're off to Florida...! But Dubai will be visited in the Future!
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

if you're doing the theme parks you'll save a fortune by buying a multi-park ticket...

• Advertisement
Advertisement