Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iqon Laptop Screen Replacement

Options
  • 23-02-2006 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    anybody know who the original manufacturer of Iqon Laptops is.

I have an Iqon laptop here that a friend of mine bought in Tesco. The LCD panel is smashed, and needs to be replaced. Iqon want 500 euro to take the laptop in and replace the screen.

Given that the laptop new cost 699 i think this is ridiculous, and so i was wondering if a replacement screen could be sourced elsewhere.

Anyone able to help with this ?

XDA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

They are usually made by Gericom or FIC.

Best thing to do is pull out the actual LCD panel and bang the model number into ebay. Chances are you will find and IBM\Compaq or Dell etc using the same panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

Thanks for your help Souper. Tried that and found a seller on ebay in Germany selling 9 of them for 120 euro each. Add on 21.50 for postage from Germany and thats a total saving of over 350 euro.

The part number is LTN154X1-L02 in case anyone's wondering.

Regards

XDA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

XDA wrote:
    Thanks for your help Souper. Tried that and found a seller on ebay in Germany selling 9 of them for 120 euro each. Add on 21.50 for postage from Germany and thats a total saving of over 350 euro.

The part number is LTN154X1-L02 in case anyone's wondering.

Regards

XDA

Cool, beans. Of course be 100% sure they are the same model and rev so that you dont have any controller issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Iqon also used Mitac machines a while ago, not sure if they still do.

Advertisement