Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out of college to return next year.

Options
  • 23-02-2006 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have kinda wasted my time so far this year.. I have missed loads of college and havent bothered going in a lot of the time.. I was thinking of just quitting my course now and returning next year to do the same course or maybe a different one.
    I am not recieving the grant. If I am to do as above will I have to pay extra fees next year and how much do they usually cost?

Thanks,

Hakko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

You still have enough time to study to pass your exams ... or very worst case scenario you fail one or two and have to retake them in August.

Next year will cost you between €4-5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Is that number inclusive of accomodation and all other fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Not at all. That's fees only.

Best get the head down so..

I know a guy and it is third year doing a diff course and he hasnt paid any fees jus the usual kinda stuff. Is that because he has moved college 3 times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Cherub

fees depend on what college you go to. I go to cit and tuition fees are about 2 grand.

If you repeat the year you're in now, in the same course or a different one, you will have to pay fees for one year only. after that the government will pay them, if you qualify.

I failed first year in college and i'm repeating the subjects i failed. it cost me €295 for the year. not bad huh?!

• Advertisement

Sure i'll give it my all starting on Monday morning so.And see what happens.

I have finally decided that this year didnt go according to plan so I have got myself a job for the rest of the year..
    I have to withdraw from the course now but I have been told that it is too late to get my place deferred until next year so I have been told to reapply for the CAO. This will not guarantee me a place in first year of the same course next year however. What I am wondering is if I don't withdraw (Officially) from the course and just sit an exam or two at the end of the year and fail. Can I just choose to repeat the year then again next year. I would have thaught this is very possible.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What do you meant the year hasn't gone according to plan. Work at it and turn it around. It's easy to quit.

John

Advertisement