Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP NX 7010 Battery no longer charging..

Options
  • 22-02-2006 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Worth a try....

ok..ok.. so I used the ROM calibrate battery thing at xmas and ever since the battery won't charge. I updated and reverted/updated the bios... no joy. The battery is fine as i have used another NX7010 to charge it.

I am assuming seeing as I used the calibrate thing it is not hardware related?

Any one know a fix?

If it might be hardware related..what should I be looking for? On the Mother board..

Any help is appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I say try HP. If its a common problem they'll know about it, or it should be on their support forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Sounds a bit weird but I have messed up a few batteries through calibration and there are always posts on the HP forums about calibration problems. Ive never seen a battery that wouldnt charge at all after being calibrated but ive somehow reduced the capacity of a few through doing it. Seems to be a common issue. I wouldnt think its the laptop at fault, if the battery is being recognised all the time as being calibrated a certain way another battery will tell you whether its the laptop or not. Does that other 7010 not have a batt you can swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Sounds a bit weird but I have messed up a few batteries through calibration and there are always posts on the HP forums about calibration problems. Ive never seen a battery that wouldnt charge at all after being calibrated but ive somehow reduced the capacity of a few through doing it. Seems to be a common issue. I wouldnt think its the laptop at fault, if the battery is being recognised all the time as being calibrated a certain way another battery will tell you whether its the laptop or not. Does that other 7010 not have a batt you can swap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Liquid Gold

Thanks for replying guys. I did google it and all but no Joy. I think I will have to ring HP.

Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Thanks for replying guys. I did google it and all but no Joy. I think I will have to ring HP.

Gah!

http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Have a go with that.

HP Pavilion / consumer laptops support

1890 923 902

HP Product Support for Workstations, Giados, POS or business Notebook PCs

1890 946 500 (wait to hear all options as they have been changed and are quiet long)

If there are any problems on your hp compaq system they may show up, you might also find that there could be a rompaq hotfix.

michael.obrien2@hp.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement