Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop at Oxegen

Options
  • 22-02-2006 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

The Last two years their was at least one good Hip hop act at Oxegen Festival,)4 we had Wu Tang, 05 we had Snoop. Who would you expect to see or rather like to see this year. Cos i rackon there'll be at least one. Here hoping it's someone good.

I'd like to see someone like, Talib Kweli, Lil Jon & the eastside boys, Petey Pablo, or Pitbull or someone like that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Ya they would be god choices. MAy be going to Oxygen myself this yar, id love to see Lil Jon and Petey Pablo there. Or Pharell maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

If Lil Jon,The Ying Yang Twins,Petey Pablo or Pitbull even come close to Irish territory I say we lock them up for being retarded tools and throw away the key.Hell you can include Talib in that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Orizio wrote:
    If Lil Jon,The Ying Yang Twins,Petey Pablo or Pitbull even come close to Irish territory I say we lock them up for being retarded tools and throw away the key.Hell you can include Talib in that as well.

Damn Straight...although I don't know about the Kweli comment. Lets get Pharoahe Monche over to play, he'd tear the place up. Imagine a crowd of Irish lunatics if Simon Says dropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Damn Straight...although I don't know about the Kweli comment. Lets get Pharoahe Monche over to play, he'd tear the place up. Imagine a crowd of Irish lunatics if Simon Says dropped!

WHAT......Are you from the "Hood" or something.....

LOL "Dropped"

hahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Not hip hop, but isn't damien marley playing

• Advertisement

s8n wrote:
    WHAT......Are you from the "Hood" or something.....

LOL "Dropped"

hahahahahahahahahaha

Yup...i'm straight outta compton, oh no sorry, thats tallaght:D

My humblest of apologies...I should have said..."What a marvellous occasion it would be if they were to play that most energetic of musical compositions "Simon Says". My, that would be jolly fun"...Oh no sorry again, thats not how they talk in Tallaght;)

But I wouldn't exactly say dropped is "hood talk", i've heard it said many a time by people talking about DJs "droppin" tunes at dance gigs???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Everyone says dropped regarding songs. Everyone that I know anyone.
    We must be the cool ones SC ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Coldcut will be there, thats hip-hop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

evil_seed wrote:

He is, it should be an animal set. Saw him doing Jamrock on some show on BBC a while back (mighta been Jonathon Ross), it was brilliant.

As for who will play Oxegen, basically whatever rapper is touring Europe at the time. They dont come especially to do one gig here- Snoop and the wu were both touring the time they played, so whoever is over in summer will play.

Ay Cee wrote:
    Everyone says dropped regarding songs. Everyone that I know anyone.
    We must be the cool ones SC ;)

Word:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i think g-unit are releasing a new album just before summer so they will probably touring europe but they wont play oxegen if they do. they will have their own show... im getting excited, i hope immortal technique or beastie boys / cypress hill :D

evil_seed wrote:
    that would be class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

There is some talk of the Beasties playing at the Electric Picnic.. That would be nice. Oxegen generally play to the masses so I guess whoever the flavour of the month will be added to the set list.. Dunno who that is however.

The Streets has a new song out. Expect to see him maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Id skip Oxegen and keep an eye on the Electric Picnic lineup, bound to better Hip-Hop acts at it, and theres also rumours of DJ Shadow playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

ubu wrote:
    Id skip Oxegen and keep an eye on the Electric Picnic lineup, bound to better Hip-Hop acts at it, and theres also rumours of DJ Shadow playing!

:eek: Got to see that.Isn't Shadow dropping a new album soon?

The Streets pretty much suck,and are certainly not Hip-Hop.As for Talib,his flow went from top 5 to half assed,so he deserves some hate.

And lol @ about 5 people turning up to see IT at Oxygen. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I think Kanye may show up! Only reason for thinking this is that Snoop did his gig in Ireland in Feb last year like Kanye is this year, he'll be well finished his tour by July so maybe he might pop over??

pharrell williams is on the line up, brillaint, can i have it like that? lmao brillaint hope gwen stefaini joins him for that song.

i was delighted to hear Pharell was in the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

jurassic 5 or beasties would be sweet, pharell would only be decent if he brought a few other decent rappers/ hip hop dj's with him but some neptunes beats are pretty sweet, it could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Meh, i suppose Pharrell will be good, he's a great performer, N.E.R.D were great at the 2004 festival, but haven't bothered with Pharrell's solo album because i wasn't really into the singles he released. can anyone tell me if it's any good or not.

Bring on J5 that would be sweet, really doubt it would ever happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Where can you buy the tickets?

www.ticketmaster.ie or any ticket sellers or win em on radio stations :D

Advertisement