Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of questions with my dell order

Options
  • 22-02-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

i ordered my dell laptop yesterday- the 9400 and i cant wait to get it as it should be very impressive.

i have a couple of questions with it though. it says that its in the delivery preperation stage. what does this mean exactly and how long do you think it should take before delivery? considering i only ordered it yesterday is this normal or is it extra fast?

my next question is to do with the €200 off offer. when i ordered it the offer was still on. think todays the last day actually! but what i want to know is do they put this down on the order form they send out? all the other offers are listed like the ram upgrade and the free delivery and the free virus software. so should it be listed on the order docket?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

the €200 euro off would be listed on the site as you order it. They usually have it as an "option". So the final price you paid included the money off.

See attached pic for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

cheers for the reply. i ordered it over the phone so i didnt see that screen.
    the list im talking about is the final order docket. should it be listed there because all the other offers are listed there?

just checked there and it says the laptop is being dispatched! very quick service considering i only ordered it 28 hours ago! and its the new processor and there was supposed to be delays with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Laptops generally ship pretty quickly, just a case of shoving the mem and other upgradeables in and sticking it in a box. The 200 off is usually listed as "FEBRUARY PROMO" or something along those lines and *might* include the amount of money off. Depends on how they've set it up on the ordering system.

If it shipped this evening it should be with you by Monday/Tuesday :)

ya cheers. its say it takes between 2 and 5 working days which means i could have it on friday so fingers crossed!

i emailed the person i was dealing with and they havent replied so i hope it wont take too long to get the 200 back if she didnt take it off the total cost, it doesnt have anything like feb promo on the order docket so im worried she might have forgotten to take away the money even though it should be done automatically!

cheers for the response

If it was the person whose name I gave ya she's a part timer. ;)

It's most likely been done. Can have a check for you tomorrow if you PM me, but otherwise you should be fine, and if not just call up and yell, you'll get your moolah and probably a goodwill thingy thrown in.

• Advertisement

ya it was her. she will be back in her office at half nine so she should respond then. it probaly was included but it should say it somewhere on the docket

Ah she's nice and reliable, I'm sure it's there. Might be down under something cryptic though. Good luck anyways :)

ya she was very nice to deal with. thanks for the contact and all your replies

Not a prob. She works downstairs from me so give me a shout if she needs a slap :p

Advertisement