Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much is the dentist these days?

• 21-02-2006 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

So its been many a year since Ive been to the dentist , Im thinking I need 1 out and a filling maybe a top brace.

Just wondering how much the above would set one back? I have no idea , just wondering how much ya`d need in the wallet going in to get a tooth out for example.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

My dentist charges €20 or so for the first examination, & fillings are €60 each. Don't know about the other procedures though but that might help give you an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

My dentist charges 35 euro a visit and its 30 euro for a filling or tooth pulled. You can get it done on a medical card if you have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Unfortunately I dont have a medical card.

Ok guys thanks for the guideline price anyway :) Sure if it has to be done it has to be done , Price is the least of my worries to be honest , I have a terrible fear of the dentist.

I think you can get it done for free in a medical dentist clinic for free even if your over 16 if you say its a emergency and your tooth really hurts but I am not sure about this so dont take my advice.

Ah the regular dentist will do me squaddy :) Thanks anyway

• Advertisement

Yeah lol I know what you mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

You can get some money back on PRSI if you've worked for long enough, last I heard you had to be working for 5 years straight though... I cannot be 100% sure on that, so don't quote me!

Yea I actually looked up the PRSI thing , Id definatell be entitled to that anyway , it didnt giv exacts amounts or anything though , I really just wanted to know whats the top end Id have to pay.

Didnt wanna go in ya know an be caught short or something.

Advertisement