Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patricks Festival

Options
  • 21-02-2006 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

I just checked out the paddys festival website to check what events are on to make sure I can be off work etc and to my shock, horror and disgust there seems to be no skyfest on this year:mad: !!!! :mad: :mad: All I can say it that I am outraged... My fav paddys day event is a non-event this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

yeah, i just realised that last night myself. Why has it been dropped?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭skeegan

not sure why it's been dropped... the skyfest has been one of the highlights of the St. Patrick's Day festivities in recent years...

:mad: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

is it definately not on?
    i cant find anything on it at all... i love skyfest!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭skeegan

>I am afraid the site for the fireworks is no longer available so we are without a place for it this year.

This is the message I got back from the festival organizers. Pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

skeegan wrote:
    >I am afraid the site for the fireworks is no longer available so we are without a place for it this year.
    Maybe it's something to do with the new Sean O'Casey bridge? In previous years, some of the launch points would have been under where the bridge is now.

Seems a shame not to have organised some sort of alternative if so; a lot of the tourist sites showing up on Google are still promoting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jo29

Typical! We are without doubt a laughing stock of the world over! This has to be the most miserable, useless, stingy little filty rich country ever! Ever! Millions squandered every single day all over the country maintaining the mediocracy that is Irish to the core, and we cant even manage to blow up one single firework for New Years Eve or indeed St. Patricks day. A showcase of Ireland? - my arse! Shameful! Thoroughly shameful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

Jo29 wrote:
    Typical! We are without doubt a laughing stock of the world over! This has to be the most miserable, useless, stingy little filty rich country ever! Ever! Millions squandered every single day all over the country maintaining the mediocracy that is Irish to the core, and we cant even manage to blow up one single firework for New Years Eve or indeed St. Patricks day. A showcase of Ireland? - my arse! Shameful! Thoroughly shameful!!
    Your first post looks like a trolling attempt to me.

I can't say I was ever very wow'ed by Skyfest myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Not on stpatricksday.ie that sucks, another reason to leave the city on national mini-riot day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Apparently it is not on due to the docklands redevelopment - another story is that there was no sponsorship available. Ah well - will have to make do with looking at life size pictures of donkeys instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

skeegan wrote:

This is the message I got back from the festival organizers. Pity...

really huh? everyone talking about it, but its money burnt in my opinion...

the main site was always the roof of the custom house (as well as the river) wasn't it?

I wonder why thats not available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

it sure is a pity the skyfest is not on this year, myself and my kids loved it.

Advertisement