Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean up the N81

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭MT

I've only driven on that road twice and it was awful both times. So I posted my, er, long distance support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

thanks mate every register user helps the cause thanks for the taking the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭cormthechippy

I drove the N81 all the way from Templeogue to Rathvilly last Sunday. I love Blessington and all the scenery all around there so I decided to take a drive further south. The road from Jobstown to Blessington is an absolute disgrace. I noticed that everything is brown, and covered in mud. The signs and bus stops are destroyed and the road is extremely slippy. It wasn't a very pleasant drive, past Blessington, rare that you can get near the 100 km/h limit. Twists and turns, and bad signage for them in places, I didn't feel safe driving on it.

Mods - any chance of making this topic a sticky for a few weeks?

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

N81 is a scandal...Its tragic really, look at all the people that have been killed on it (not to mention injured).

All the quarries make it even worse, with all the muck and grit they bring-you'd know the construction industry is so well in with this govt!

The whole road needs urgent upgrades immediately!!Good luck with campaign lads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno if its the worst N route but its certainly the one with the greatest number of dangerous bends.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

mike65 wrote:
    I dunno if its the worst N route but its certainly the one with the greatest number of dangerous bends.

Mike.

Belive me it is the worst....It makes the N9 almost look...acceptable!(Almost)

thanks fellas. If you wouldnt mind just registering on the site only takes a sec. It adds more weight to the campaign the more people we can get registered on it.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

darkbeatz wrote:
    Mods - any chance of making this topic a sticky for a few weeks?
    OK, you have a week.

Now they'll all be asking. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Bill McH

Kevin Myers writes about this occasionally. It might be worth getting him on board for this campaign, if he isn't already. He can be contacted at D'Oli..no, wait, Talbot Street:D

Advertisement