Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zalman 9500 fan...some help

Options
  • 21-02-2006 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

tweakers,

i have an amd that i need to be quiet. i bought the 9500 zalman fan for cooling. now i knew it was heavy, and indeed it is. so here is my question. the fan bolts on to the plastic support under the mobo. i want this in a vertical case and they do warn on the zalman site that it is over the recommended weight for the cpu and the board. this will be in my living room. i dont expect i will move it often but more often then i would like.

my question. has anyone bought one of these and supported it with extra rigging or has bumped into extra rigging anywhere that would provide some extra support...??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Just hook it up following the instructions and you'll be fine. Thousands of people use these without extra support, bringing their PCs to LANs and all that.

As long as you're not absolutely smacking the case around you'll be grand.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

DemonOfTheFall Speaks the truth - I have mine installed in a vertical tower and its no problem at all.

great cooler btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Same with mine and its grand. I have the fan turned town to 1500rpm, its virtually silent and idles at around 30degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

excellent news dudes...thanks...it just looks..friggen huge....so what i shall call zalman panic set in...

thanks

Advertisement