Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network monitoring software

Options
  • 20-02-2006 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭

Ok Folks

Id like to know id there any good freeware / shareware that can monitor my network I think there alot of people downloading with Limewire and E Donkey, Id just like to monitor tis for a week or so and track these offenders by IP address and then take it from there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You'll need to give more details about the network - do you have control over the router or proxy the network connects through? Do you have admin access to the computers on the network? Are you running the network over non-switching hubs? Is there an AUP of any sort prohibiting the use of p2p software? Are you looking for a temporary monitor or do you want a long-term preventative solution?

An ideal longer-term solution might be to install a transparent proxy that the network connects through, allowing you to both monitor and block certain traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

well to be honest its a friend rang me this evening about it, he would have full control of this domain, they use switches and have a leased line to the internet, he only wants a temp solution to see who is downloading from what IP's

Advertisement