Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarry Flynn

Options
  • 20-02-2006 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Anyone read it??
    Or have any reviews on it, big or small, they all count!;) ??
    Its a novel by Patrick Kavanagh
    Any help appreciated!!
    Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭The Filth

Yes i have read it but when i was looking for some notes in an exam i couldnt find any unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Ye theres seems to be none out there!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I read it when back in school. In summary, there is a fellow (Tarry Flynn based loosely around P.Kavanaghs life story) who grows up in the country, walks to a cross roads, likes a girl and sees lots of cows and horses when tilling the land.

Beef that description up a bit and you'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It was included in the Independant Great Irish Writers (least popular thread ever!) series, there is a 5 or 6 page essay on it as a foreword to the book if you've the ability to track a copy down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Yes I read it! Magic trip into 1930s Ireland in the border counties.

Ireland was some place in those days If even half this book is true.

Highly recommended !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Thanks guys did my exam... Got 61% which is good considering I didnt have a clue!!

Advertisement