Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Flies

Options
  • 20-02-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

My teenage life
    Is slipping away.
    In a mere seven years
    That seem like a day.
    Like a caterpillar in a cocoon
    We go through hell
    Hoping to come out the other side
    As something beautiful.
    The greatest trick in a humans life
    Is the guise that we had a life at all.
    I’ll watch them all slip away:
    High-school
    College
    Then gone forever.
    Just faces on the street.
    Yet rather than enjoy it
    I write this poem
    About how it’s disappearing,
    The best years of my life.
    And we wonder where the years go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I like the end. I think everyone has that feeling at some stage, like life is passing you by and everyone else is moving on and you're just like "Huh?? Whats going on?". Lifes moving too fast for you.
    Even though I often wondered about the "best years of your life" statement. Those people obviously cannot remember being teenage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Excellent!. I can more then relate, everyone has a moment when they watch the time slip by.

Keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lu22

I like the end. I think everyone has that feeling at some stage, like life is passing you by and everyone else is moving on and you're just like "Huh?? Whats going on?". Lifes moving too fast for you.
    Even though I often wondered about the "best years of your life" statement. Those people obviously cannot remember being teenage.

you obviously are still a teenager lil miss.. (I'm not trying to sound smart) but I am only 23 & even though I remember how hard it was being a teenager ... i sometimes wish i was one again, because although your worries seem so important & life changing they are nothing compared to the sh*t you have to listen to when your out of school trying to make some thing of your self, and the problems you had as a teenager seem so much easier... just my opinion...

I love this poem though i can really relate to it !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Pff, im 21 and life has never been better. Teenage years are teh sux0r.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yeah, I'm 14, and teenage life isn't really all its cracked up to be. Note my poetry. This poem refeects all that to me, and I take my hat off to you, Night Rocker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Night_Rocker

Merci beaucoup, cherie

Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I dont get hidden meanings in poems very often, i like stuff to be clean cut, and that poem says everything thats on my mind the last 2 years - im only 22! God help me when im 30!

Hmm. it's odd that this poem would get to people out of their teens as well as people in their teens.

It's cool

I like that appreciaters of my poem is broad rather than a set group.

Well

I guess it is a set group

Advertisement