Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valley of the wolves - Iraq

Options
  • 20-02-2006 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/02/turkish.movie.ap/

I saw a promo clip of it and all I can say is "bloody hell".

I was going to post in movies forum but then I saw one of the reviews I saw from Turkey. One guy saying "Why is the west getting worked up? We get protrayed as terrorists in Hollywood movies all the time".

I can understand what the guy is getting at but the movie takes the biscuit. In light of the cartoon mess it raises an intresting question of free speech.

Even so, I can't see Billy Zane and Gary Busey ever being allowed into the US again.

[edit] found online trailers. haven't looked at these yet though.
    http://www.pulpmovies.com/trailers/valley-of-the-wolves-iraq

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mad enough alright. Then again, they're only doing what hollywood did for years with the baddies that were variously, the Rooskis, the Germans, the South Africans, the Arabs, people with British accents, little green men from Mars etc etc.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Wonder will it feature in next year's Oscar's for best non-English language movie? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Hobbes wrote:
    Even so, I can't see Billy Zane and Gary Busey ever being allowed into the US again.

Really?:confused:
    Why do you think so?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

fly_agaric wrote:
    Really?:confused:
    Why do you think so?

Well Billy plays a whacko religous US solider who likes shooting people (like children), and Gary plays a Jewish doctor who is organ farming men/women/children who are picked up and dropped off at Abu Garib.

Or maybe they will be welcomed with open arms. :v:

Daily show take on it..
    http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=59227
    (5:15 in)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Hobbes wrote:
    Well Billy plays a whacko religous US solider who likes shooting people (like children), and Gary plays a Jewish doctor who is organ farming men/women/children who are picked up and dropped off at Abu Garib.

I got that but it doesn't explain why it would get immigration on their back. You really think the US govt. would go after actors for appearing in an anti-American film?
    I haven't been there but I doubt the US has become that much of a police-state!
    Hobbes wrote:
    Or maybe they will be welcomed with open arms. :v:

Well, I wouldn't say that but I doubt the govt. will give much of a crap.
    Hobbes wrote:

Thanks for that.
    Initial audience reaction to the clip from the film was just hilarious! - funnier than any of the wisecracks:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I got that but it doesn't explain why it would get immigration on their back.

Well I was referring to Americans in general.
    Initial audience reaction to the clip from the film was just hilarious! - funnier than any of the wisecracks.

Yea I noticed at least 1-2 people laughed and then realised what they were laughing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I dont think theyll have much problems. They probably wont even find it hard to get work. If anything, in Hollywood this is good for their career. Theyre absolutely guarateed the baddies role in Team America 2 for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Don't see the problem. It's no different to the kinds of movies we make all the time. personally I think it's a great step forward.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement