Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclock not staying...

Options
  • 20-02-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Have my 6600GT clocked to 579/1.16 using the "auto-detect optimal frequencies" button in the advanced section of display properties. Even with the "apply these settings upon restart" box ticked, each time I restart it's back at the default settings, 540/1.05 iirc. How can I get it to stay at the overclocked frequencies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

try using rivatuner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

Gave that a lash but still the same thing, damn annoying. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

You could use nibitor to flash the card with a BIOS with your chosen overclock settings as the default speeds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

Any links, I've never tried anything like that before? I don't think there would be a card bios with those speeds out there (6600GT @579/1.16)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

You use nibitor to save the BIOS off your card, then it modifies the clock speeds in the card's BIOS. Then you reflash your modded BIOS onto the card.

Easy peasy :)

You can use it to give the card some extra volts to see if that helps your overclock too.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/NVIDIA_BIOS_Editor_NiBiTor_d3122.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement