Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Regrets

Options
  • 20-02-2006 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Hatred.
    Thats all you mean to me.
    Thats why I'm doing this.
    But I don't regret you
    Pain.
    All you've given me.
    Let me cry
    You won't.
    I still have no sign of regret for you.
    I step away from you, from this life
    Air catches my feet.
    I hate you, I hate this, I hate life.
    Gushing wind blows my fall awkward,
    Time to think.
    Lastly of your face
    Of the screams and the lies.
    Of the hatred.
    Theres no love left.
    Splash.
    Too late for regrets.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Y'know, it's possible to have deeply felt emotions that aren't miserable. And when they are miserable, they're not necessarily pure hate/depression. Some people on this forum seem to forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

But misery loves company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Night_Rocker

Hate and depression are the only emotions that seem to make you feel enough to be bothered to write poetry! When you're happy it's just oh. You're not in the mood for poetry. you wanna be out with people.

Really? I think that's a real pity. Poetry is for every emotion. I think that it has become a cliché to write a poem upon the premise that you're really depressed/suicidal, which is also a pity because it devalues these genuine emotions. And clichés are el diablo in poetry.

Well, I guess that's true. But i just guess depression is just such a domineering emotion, that people sometimes only find they can write about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Exactly, when I'm happy, I'm out with my friends, the sun is shining. When I'm pissed off, it always rains, I have exams and my firends disappear into the shadows waiting for the sun.

There's plenty of poems about non-depressing things/emotions. Do you think you *could* write poetry that isn't fuelled by hate or depression?

Go on. Write something and post it in here. But it can't be miserable.

And it can't be about love either, cos that's too easy.

Walking amongst the green grass
    Seeing the people behind the glass
    I look at the sun
    With it's dazzling shine.
    I watch the sway of leaves
    With the thick scent of pine.
    I watch the ants on the ground
    Beginning to thrive
    And for once
    I'm happy to be alive

there, easy ;)

Hee hee. That's pretty good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I didn't think it was great. It was just a bit angsty for me and it doesn't rhyme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

the poetry dosent always have to rhyme. Some of the greatest poetry barely rhymes. Its more to how the words speak.

Advertisement