Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bass player wanted

Options
  • 20-02-2006 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

bass player wanted for originals band-over 18s only, we're open minded to all sorts of music;it'll basically be a rock band though using all sorts of music in the songs .Based in dublin-northside but we practice in dublin city at the moment-we have songs written-not recorded yet.pm if you're interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭tony stark

Just a few influences:beatles,stones,the who,cream,the doors, hendrix,led zeppelin, guns n roses,can, the zutons, the stone roses, pink floyd, neil young, buffalo springfield, csny, dylan, the clash, the ramones,traffic, velvet underground,bowie,iggy and the stooges, dream theather, super furry animals, mogwai, the band, flying burrito brothers, gram parsons, nirvana,moby grape, spirit, r.e.m.,the smiths, jeff beck group, small faces, wilco etc etc.you don't have to like all these bands obviously-just want to give an idea of what we listen to-not even what we sound like-

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Neonlight

Hey Tony
    Mid 20s playing bass a long time ,just finished up with a band recently like your influences especially some of the 70s music and Wilco,who are a top band Yankee Foxtrot Hotel one of my favourite albums ever.Would be very interested in meeting i know its very hard to come across bassists these days so would be willing to give it a go.
    Just a few questions ?
    1.Where and when do you jam / rehearse.
    2.Is this a serious project ie EPs Gigs ,possible album.
    3.are songwriting duties open to all ( because i can write a little )

Sorry about all the SILLY questions.I live on the northside which should be convenient to all .
    Thanks Neonlight

we rehearse sundays at the moment but we'll be rehearsing twice a week in 3 weeks time-in fact we're jamming this sunday and we need a bass player for then we're just going back to the drawing board with songs and stuff,we rehearse in dublin city, we want to get an e.p together and get gigging but want to be realistic about it-ie become a tight unit with songs we're all comfortable playing-songwriting duties are open-

Sounds interesting,Not sure if ill be available this sunday i work every 2 nd weekend so could be a problem ,If i can make it this sunday am i ok to rehearse with the band ? will let you know later if i can ( work n that ) what musicians have you got in the band as it stands ?

yeah come along-we're stuck for a bass player this sunday and don't want to cancel-its a drums,rhythm guitar+singer and me on lead

• Advertisement

never said where abouts that your rehearsing ,Apart from that i,m booked out for the next few sundays ,sorry about that, contractual reasons (cant get fookin time off work)If your rehearsing any time during the week in the near future maybe i can help .talk soon

we're rehearsing in loop-so if anyone out there can help out this sunday or just fancy a jam to see how things go-let me know-cheers

bump

Advertisement