Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

move to blueface questions

Options
  • 20-02-2006 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I have a small office

2 phonlines

1 which is the main number has dsl
    Other is a spare used occasionally

I am going to port the second number to blueface -then cancel my phoneline.
    I don't want to get rid of my main number so i guess my best option is to forward my calls to the second number which will be on blueface. Does anyone know how much this costs? I would like to be able to pick up these calls on a blueface extension. Therefore my main line will never be busy and we can make calls but not tie up the phone number - if it makes sense. Does this sound like a good option?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 esmonde

If I understand you correctly, why not move your DSL to your less-used number and then port your main number to Blueface. That way you wont have to pay a fee everytime an incoming call is transferred to your Blueface phone. And you'll still be able to keep your main line free and make outgoing calls on your DSL line. But with Blueface you can effectively have two lines anyway (two accounts they call it) and are able to dial out while still receiving incoming calls.

There is sometimes a small charge to move the DSL but in the long run it should be worth it.

Incidentally on the question of porting from Eircom to Blueface it seems that Eircom have a fixed timetable for doing the job. From the time they receive a a formally correct application from Blueface/NTL Eircom will do the porting within 9 working days, unless a later specific port date is requested.

That 'formally correct' is important, so make sure that all the required information is supplied to Blueface when requesting the porting and keep a check on the timetable they and NTL adopt to get your application through to Eircom. There seems to be a lot of paper shuffling involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dusty14

ok so if i move my dsl to the second phone line then port my main line number to blueface i then cancel my main line but still have the number - makes sense - what happens when there are problems with the blueface service -or does this happen? - this idea is all new to me

What is the sound quality of blueface like? i have business starter broadband package - there are only 2 in the office - i am wondering if the the home starter package would do us

I can't give any definitive answer on Blueface reliability, I'm afraid. All I can say is that in the few weeks since I've joined I haven't noticed any problems, and the sound quality has been fine. Forum reports seem generally positive too.

As for the best package, why not give Blueface a call. I've found them to be very helpful and not too heavy on the hard sell. I'm sure they'll give you the pros and cons of the various options. Support is excellent too, and all in all, they seem like a very customer focussed company.

Enjoy them while they're around, and before the likes of Vonage, or Verizon, or even, Eircom, gobble them up on the way to market domination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

esmonde wrote:
    Incidentally on the question of porting from Eircom to Blueface it seems that Eircom have a fixed timetable for doing the job. From the time they receive a a formally correct application from Blueface/NTL Eircom will do the porting within 9 working days, unless a later specific port date is requested.

Hate to put a damper on it - it takes 6 - 8 weeks. I'm wairing since mid-January. And have recived a bill from those f@*@*rs at Eircom for €73.:mad: :mad: :mad:

My Eircom line ported to Blueface on March 1st. More or less on target for the 9 working day timetable Eircom say they work to. A couple of days were lost, Eircom say, because the paperwork was not correct and needed to be amended. I dealt with them directly during the process and found them very helpful and above board (did I really say that about Eircom:) )

As I said in my earlier post, anyone applying for a number port from Eircom to Blueface (and I'm guessing other service providers too) should take a close look at the way the timetable breaks down as between the two parties. Be scrupulously accurate and pro-active about the paperwork involved, and there seems to be no good reason why it should take more than four weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

esmonde wrote:
    My Eircom line ported to Blueface on March 1st. More or less on target for the 9 working day timetable Eircom say they work to. A couple of days were lost, Eircom say, because the paperwork was not correct and needed to be amended. I dealt with them directly during the process and found them very helpful and above board (did I really say that about Eircom:) )

As I said in my earlier post, anyone applying for a number port from Eircom to Blueface (and I'm guessing other service providers too) should take a close look at the way the timetable breaks down as between the two parties. Be scrupulously accurate and pro-active about the paperwork involved, and there seems to be no good reason why it should take more than four weeks.

Thanks for that.:) Still no joy - seven weeks next Tuesday. I sent the form to Blueface - they sent it to NTL - they sent it to Eircom. I think I'll just get Eircom to disconnect the line. It's maddening. If you ring Eircom they deny all knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Freddie59 wrote:
    Hate to put a damper on it - it takes 6 - 8 weeks. I'm wairing since mid-January. And have recived a bill from those f@*@*rs at Eircom for €73.:mad: :mad: :mad:
    I started the move from BT to Eircom (as a pre-cursor to porting from Eircom to Blueface) back on the 6th Jan. I was told there would be a 10 day cooling off period and then it would take 3 or 4 weeks for the move to Eircom. So I had the end of Feb in mind as the switch over date. In the mean time, the landline was still in use as we had the €25 package with BT. I rang up 2 weeks ago to see how things were and I was told that the line had been switched over on the 20th Jan!! A letter arrives from Eircom welcoming me to their service. One week later a nice big bill for €193 which included 3 months line rental (from mid-Jan to mid-Feb and two months in advance) + calls that I would ordinarily have been paying maybe €30 for with BT.

So be warned if you're moving from non-Eircom to Eircom. Ring every week to see when the switch date was actually made. Needless to say the porting order went into Blueface on the same day that the bill arrived. I might be able to reclaim some of that line rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭dubadubdub

Freddie59 wrote:
    Thanks for that.:) Still no joy - seven weeks next Tuesday. I sent the form to Blueface - they sent it to NTL - they sent it to Eircom. I think I'll just get Eircom to disconnect the line. It's maddening. If you ring Eircom they deny all knowledge.

I'm looking to port to blueface. Why did they send the form to NTL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

dubadubdub wrote:
    I'm looking to port to blueface. Why did they send the form to NTL?

NTL have a porting agreement with Eircon. Eircom charge a fortune for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭dubadubdub

Thanks. Just cancelled my direct debit with eircom - took me two phone calls and twenty minutes to get the email address to cancel it! They also have the most annoying automated answering system:mad:

Mind you, I'll miss giving out about them:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement