Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell *do* sell in the shops

Options
  • 20-02-2006 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Well, sort of.

Saw in the SuperValue in Deansgrange that they are selling the Inspiron 1300 for 599. Was more than a bit surprised.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

more than 1?

they must of bought a batch or they know someone in dell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

well I never heard of that b/4 ..... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭tech

sounds dodgy, id say ??

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

They do certain deals with retailers in the US. Euro PC sell refurbished models but I havent seen anyone in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

www.overclockers.co.uk sell them aswell, although limited models

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

The title should have read 'Dell don't sell in the shops - but - someone else sells Dell' hehe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've seen a shop in Keilkenny sell refurbished ones. Would it be the same as that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Dell have a huge reseller network, what they mean is that generally you can't walk into a retail store and buy one. The SuperValu thing doesn't sound right, tbh, although Tesco in the UK take orders in some stores. Were they pick-up-and-go?

Dell's also trialling mall carts in the US so people can see the systems before they buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

..... so people can see the systems before they buy.

Thats the one thing I miss when buying from Dell ..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

There was talk early last year that they would start opening outlets a la Gateway a few years ago. Guess they saw what happened to them!

• Advertisement

They're going to be opening a demo room in Cherrywood with sample systems in it, just heard today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

they must be desperate to sell so.

Incidently i seen them on QVC one night with Yes a QVC Dell special model

Yup, QVC sold hundreds of em around Christmas, mainly 5150s AFAIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

It's part of a SuperValu collect the stamps scheme.

Advertisement