Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Free International Calls Land Or Mobile With Blueface

Options
  • 18-02-2006 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Yes you can make free calls to America, to land lines or mobiles, not only to America but to many other countries.

Using the number 1890 943 123 and then calling 001 xxx xxx xxx (this xxx means numbers of a given telephone) your calls are free of charge.

Want to know which countries can you call using 1890 943 123 go to www.telestunt.ie

I have the package UK Eire with Blueface

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Using the number 1890 943 123 and then calling 001 xxx xxx xxx (this xxx means numbers of a given telephone) your calls are free of charge.

Since when are 1890 numbers free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭molinaalexis

The numbers 1890 are not free, the call cost is the cost of a local phone call, and since your local phone call with blueface are free.

They are FREE

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

From Blueface's own website:

Ireland - LoCall 1890 Peak 0.032 Off-Peak 0.017 min. cost 0.063

You get nothing for nothing in this country. :)

When they say local, they mean local geographic numbers (e.g. 01 to 01, 021 to 021). 01/021/045 etc. to 1890 is the same price as a local call, it is not a local call.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

If you take a look at the right hand column on the Blueface rates page you'll see a number of icons respresenting the subscription packages that apply to each destination.

LoCall is covered by all the residential subscription packages including the Ireland / UK Unlimited subscription. That means that if you pay €15 per month or more for your subscription you get free calls to landlines and this includes 1890 numbers. If you pay €10 per month you get 5 hours of landline calls. If you use up those 5 hours you'll have to pay the rates quoted. If you choose PAYG rather subscription then you pay the quoted rates.

As a Freedom Basic subscriber I can confirm that the time spent on 1890 calls comes out of my 5 hours of landline calls per month.

Now whether or not you can really call it free when you have to pay a subscription in the first place is a matter of semantics, IMO.

Yes That's exactly what their website shows, but you did not notice the symbols at the right hand side, they mean they are free for the packages that those symbols represent.

I have done the calls, and when checking in my account they appear as free of charge.

Just give a try and you will see.

Check the BF1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

tom dunne wrote:
    From Blueface's own website:

Ireland - LoCall 1890 Peak 0.032 Off-Peak 0.017 min. cost 0.063

You get nothing for nothing in this country. :)

When they say local, they mean local geographic numbers (e.g. 01 to 01, 021 to 021). 01/021/045 etc. to 1890 is the same price as a local call, it is not a local call.

I dialled an 1850 number and the call was free. Is that the same?:confused:

Yes Freddie59, It is free for you, becouse that number it is included in your monthly plan

Yes Freddie59, It is free for you, becouse that number it is included in your monthly plan

Good stuff! A friend of mine on Bluface rang two international destinations and you're dead right..........FREE!!

Mossy wrote:
    Now whether or not you can really call it free when you have to pay a subscription in the first place is a matter of semantics, IMO.

I suppose you're right Mossy. But I can remember a time not so long ago (just pre-Euro, around 2001) where a bi-monthly phone bill was costing me IR£120 (around €145). And that was for a VERY limited amount of calls because you really had to watch your useage. Happy days now though!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Doesnt work for me trying to call a mobile number. It gives me a different number to call, 1520 932 601. So do I use this number for mobile calls? Still free? In work at the moment so cant try it on my blueface account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

garlad wrote:
    Doesnt work for me trying to call a mobile number. It gives me a different number to call, 1520 932 601. So do I use this number for mobile calls? Still free? In work at the moment so cant try it on my blueface account.
    Seriously doubt the 1520 number would be free. Can't find rates for it on their web site.

Seriously doubt the 1520 number would be free. Can't find rates for it on their web site.

I did try to make a phone call using 1520 932 601 and the answer is that that number is currently deactivated.

So as far I can see we can not use it with blueface.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

What is the 1890 943 123 number? Who runs it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

What is the 1890 943 123 number? Who runs it?
    www.telestunt.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I didn't ask the right question. What happens when you ring it from blueface. Who actually pays for the call?

I didn't ask the right question. What happens when you ring it from blueface. Who actually pays for the call?

Who cares? As long as it's not you or I.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

Which is probably why it has been deactivated it the person that quoted that above is right. Not a voip customer as of yet but waiting in the side lines if I need to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

I did try to make a phone call using 1520 932 601 and the answer is that that number is currently deactivated.

So as far I can see we can not use it with blueface.

Yeah. I've found the same. I thought I'd be able to call mobiles using my Blueface inclusive minutes....dang.

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

In fairness to Blueface, 1520 numbers would never be included in a call plan as they're premium numbers. They do include Irish non-geo numbers in the plans, though, which is very good. Like 1890 numbers. They're the only voice provider I've come across that does this. Unfortunately it doesn't extend to UK non-geo numbers, which are usually the ones I end up calling, but we can't have everything.

I think you'll find that those Blueface bundles aren't that great value when it's all said and done. You're paying for a colossal amount of minutes. I think most people who want a geographical number would be better off with Broadtalk's pre-pay service where you get an 01 (or whatever) number with no monthly commitment. Broadtalk's mobile rate is 15c a minute, which is the cheapest around as far as I know.

Advertisement