Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great to see this board. I have a suggestion though.

Options
  • 17-02-2006 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Because of the very personal nature of many legal problems I suggest that members can post anonymously like in the Personal Issues forum.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's a good suggestion alright. I had thought about asking DeVore about this, but there's one problem: this isn't a legal advice forum, unlike PI where most of the time posters are looking for advice. If advice is given in here, it would be idiotic to follow it.

However, I'll ask DeV and see what he thinks.

Edit: Please read the charter. I know you haven't because it still only has one view - me. Hard luck on getting caught out there though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Edit: Please read the charter. I know you haven't because it still only has one view - me. Hard luck on getting caught out there though! :)

I'm afraid that means your counter isn't working as I most certainly did read the charter!

I think the case for anonimity isn't so much to do with the advice you may receive but what you may be revealing by simply asking for it in the first place. I would see a forum like this as a possible place to find out whether you need to get real legal advice and if so what kind. Something I could have done with in the past myself!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yeah, I can accept that. It seems like I'll have to talk to DeVore. Legal issues can tend to be personal enough, but because this forum is only new, there will be teething issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

One probelm I can forsee with anon posting is people getting away with breaching the charter by making defamatory remarks/comments on inadmissable evidence etc. As the Mods, we would have no recourse to this except for deleting the posts and at that stage it may be too late.

Still, it shall be considered

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

With anon post make them pre-moderated. That is when someone posts an anon thread the mods have to pre-approve it before it is posted.

Voila!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Yeah that sounds like an good idea Sangre but I can see one potential problem. Such an action would slow down the flow of the messages onto the boards and therefore do damage to the whold "discussion" aspect of the forum.

However it could work!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Perhaps if people want to post anon then they can choose the slow route... if you just want to discuss legal issues then you can post normally?

besty wrote:
    One probelm I can forsee with anon posting is people getting away with breaching the charter by making defamatory remarks/comments on inadmissable evidence etc. As the Mods, we would have no recourse to this except for deleting the posts and at that stage it may be too late.

Still, it shall be considered
    Sangre's right, anonymous posts are pre-moderated so we'd have full control. I'm still not convinced I see the use of it, but if there's a demand for it, I'll definitely look into it. Anonymous posts in PI are pre-moderated, and yes it's slower than normal, but posters have the choice which way they choose.

I didn't realise the anon posts were pre moderated. I see no reason why that function shouldn't be available in this forum then.

Anon posts have the OPTION of being pre-moderated.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote:
    Anon posts have the OPTION of being pre-moderated.
    Ah right. Is the option open to the poster or the Mods? If it's the first, it doesn't really solve anything.

obviously the mods :p

They're all pre-modded or none of them are

right, well i'll talk to hullaballoo about it

Advertisement