Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network help

Options
  • 17-02-2006 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to download via "Azureus", "uTorrent" etc. from within the college networks firewall :( (student village) and if so how do I configure the ports to allow this ?
    Or is there any alternatives if this isn't possible ?
    :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

It is possible but I would get in trouble for telling you how. I have it working but not really sure I can share this info. But... at least you know its possible now, and you can keep trying and well if you just happen to figure it out then that couldnt possibly be my fault now could it.

Resident network genius, 440

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Not really resident given you're on the staff :) Slightly different for students.

gsoc may have some information.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

kaimera wrote:
    Not really resident given you're on the staff :) Slightly different for students.

gsoc may have some information.

Nothing to do with staff domain my friend... its just about having the knowledge and the info. I dont use staff settings for these purposes. They would not work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Thanks a million lads I'll keep tryin' any more info ?:D

I won't say anything if I get a PM on the sly ;)
    :cool:
    Spideog

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

dam my friend told me about this the other day, why didn't i pay more attention, stupid short term memory

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Lock or not to Lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I vote for lock but it's your garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Well, I'm keeping my ball :v:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

sceptre wrote:
    I vote for lock but it's your garden.
    Cant say no to that smiling face :v:

This discussion has been closed.