Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for fast graphic transfer

Options
  • 15-02-2006 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I'm looking for a laptop that would be very fast tranferring data. I'm working a lot with very big photoshop files.
    My budget is 1500 euro.
    Ideally it should have a good battery life.
    I'd like to buy it very soon as i have a deadline coming up and was wondering if there's any shops in Dublin to buy.(instead of buying it online)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Look at sticky post ,at top of computers forum /boards.ie useful websites where to buy software/hardware , theres marx computers ,it direct temple bar, peats parnell st, marx computers etc,clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

deedebee wrote:
    I'm looking for a laptop that would be very fast tranferring data. I'm working a lot with very big photoshop files.
    My budget is 1500 euro.
    Ideally it should have a good battery life.
    I'd like to buy it very soon as i have a deadline coming up and was wondering if there's any shops in Dublin to buy.(instead of buying it online)

What do you mean fast transferring data?

Do you want to take a large file and copy it from one place to another? Or are you talking about the speed of the graphics card on the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

I THINK U MEAN laptop with fast cpu ,at least least pentium 4 1.5gigaherthz, with a fast graphics card installed at least 64meg video graphics onboard memory and 256meg main ddr memory installed.Average cost 1100 euros plus , look at the dell multimedia laptop on dell.ie home/laptops.The inspiron notebook dell 9400 is the fastest laptop ,i,ve seen with 256meg grahics ati card onbord ,but its quite expensive, it has dual core intel M 1.83ghz cpu processor.That,s faster than most pc,s in regard to graphics processing ,games ,av, or photoshop use.

Advertisement