Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NF4 Expert - No Display, No Post

Options
  • 15-02-2006 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

X2 4400+
    NF4 Expert Mobo
    2x256MB Twinmoss PC4000 (In temporary while awaiting delivery of 2x1GB G.Skill, after selling existing 4x512MB G.Skill)
    36GB Raptor as boot drive

Went to work this morning comp works fine. Come home, wiggle the mouse to wake the rig up and nothing.

All 4 Diagnostic LEDS on the Motherboard remain lit.

The manual is not uberclear on this, but I am guessing that it's not detecting the CPU........

Which is v bad. Has an Expert eaten another CPU?

All settings were stock as I was waiting for my new case to install my Watercooling gear and seriously OC the beast. Had pushed it to 3.6ghz stable on air previously to test it out, but had been running stock for past 3 weeks.

First can someone pls confirm that all 4 LEDS lit indeed means no CPU detected?

Second, any ideas?

Third what hope have I got of RMA'ing the CPU to AMD, or getting DFI to cough up for a new chip if indeed it has fried my CPU?

I was running the latest official BIOS flashed on 3-4 weeks ago. (can't remember the number and cant fecking check)

All help and suggestions greatly received

Inqui
    Nvidia 7800GTX 256MB PCI-E x16
    SoundBlaster XFI Fatal1ty
    WD Raptor 36gb - SATA 0
    IDE 200GB
    SATA 200GB
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3540A - IDE 1/0
    Enermax 480W PSU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Problem solved...re-seated CPU and she boots fine. V strange tho as this is a desktop PC that does not move......anywhere.

Thank god,

Anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Inquitus wrote:
    Third what hope have I got of RMA'ing the CPU to AMD, or getting DFI to cough up for a new chip if indeed it has fried my CPU?

0 you've overclocked and because its not fried AMD will see this

Advertisement