Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions on wavemaster case

Options
  • 15-02-2006 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a new case and im kinda settling down on the this wavemaster from komplett. It seems to get good reviews - any opinions on the choice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

And i just sold mine for €90 and have been trying to sell it for bloody ages.. great case, well built, look class but not quite.. 80mm fans = noise n it aint the best if u wanna use WC. But if ur hand with a dremell then u can do loads with them..

check out the stickied mods here..
    http://coolercasesuk.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

unklerosco wrote:
    And i just sold mine for €90

damn - only made up my mind this week to start upgrading and the first thing on the list is a decent case. Not really too pushed by the noise, its off at night and in a spare room - is build quality and inside layout good ? What did you replace it with? I've also been looking at Giga 3d aurora and antec p180 but I dont really like the look of hte auora and the p180 is supposed to be a bit dodge. Any recommendation in the same price range ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

I've one for sale if you're interested (see sig.)
    I recently bought a 3D Aurora (immpulse buy on boards).
    The case fans are louder on the wavemaster but the HDD noise is much much quiter, the wavemaster is smaller but feels more strongly built and is less prone to dust. The wavemaster easily gets smudged by fingerprints but the removeably motherboard tray is very handy. Only two cases around that mark I've had experience with and I really didn't notice much of a difference between the two. It would be easier to sleep with the 3d aurora on but only if the HDD wasn't active.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yep I'm pretty much the exact same story as Simona. Had my Coolermaster Wavemaster before getting a Gigabyte 3D Aurora. I never noticed my hard drives were noisy until I got the gigiabyte case.
    Anyway I'll also be selling my Wavemaster(Silver) in the fs forum soon and I'll be throwing in a brand new Akasa Amber 80mm Fan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i just bought roscos wavemaster, havent rigged it up yet, but looks really well and roomy enough inside (though not for wc kit)
    only thing that is crap is that it takes 80mm fans :(

but as mentioned the removable mobo tray is cool to say the least

worth €90 imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hey voxpop I have one these for sale now in this thread if your still interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I already bought one from someone else on boards.

Advertisement