Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox saved game exploit query

Options
  • 15-02-2006 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭

A friend is looking to soft mod his Xbox using one of the saved game exploits. He has already got a usb drive/memory card thingie and is hoping to buy one of the required games at the weekend.

Is it possible to use any retail copy of the games in question to do the mod or have later releases of the games been slipstreamed with fixes to prevent the exploits?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

yeah,

they can't be the 'classic' titles, they have to be the original game.
    you can check the serials on the inside of the disk to confirm .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hannermam

Cant really figure out just how much is allowed to be said in this forum regarding save game exploits (and mentioning the names of the games) but one thing I can tell you is that one of the games can be a 'classic' version - I've used it about two weeks ago to softmod my xbox and it worked perfectly!

Just tellin you this cos I thought the same thing originally but couldn't seem to find any of the games that werent classic versions so I risked it using a classic and all was groovy!

Feel free to email me and I'll tell you more - don't wanna get banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭Talisman

hannermam wrote:
    Cant really figure out just how much is allowed to be said in this forum regarding save game exploits (and mentioning the names of the games) but one thing I can tell you is that one of the games can be a 'classic' version - I've used it about two weeks ago to softmod my xbox and it worked perfectly!
    Shaken not stirred? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Splinter Cell, any version will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭Talisman

He spent a week or two wandering around the various game stores looking in the second hand games bins with no luck with getting an original. He has since been introduced to the wonder that is eBay - Splinter Cell original purchased for £0.99, DVD Remote purchased for £4.99. Of course he was fleeced on the postage but he'll have the entire kit for softmodding the console and be able to control xbmc from his couch for less than the price of a game so he's well happy with himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement